Wireless Listings Spell Carrier Revenue
- Escorts, lawyers in the same boat. // Adweek Eastern Edition;8/4/1997, Vol. 38 Issue 31, p50
Reports on the misprint in the Bell Atlantic Yellow Pages of Morris County, New Jersey which switched the telephone listings for local law firms with those of area escort services. Identification of the errors as originating from Bell Atlantic Yellow Pages' graphic center; Reaction of law firms,...
- Bell Atlantic rewrites the book on Big Yellow. Warner, Bernhard // Adweek Western Edition;04/13/98, Vol. 48 Issue 15, p38
Reports on the restructuring of the Big Yellow online yellow pages directory in the United States, as its parent Bell Atlantic Corp. continues to sort out its merger with Nynex Corp. Bell Atlantic executive Bill Wise's departure from Big Yellow; Integration of Big Yellow into Bell Atlantic...
- Bell Atlantic, GTE merger could lead to Online combine. Warner, Bernhard // Brandweek;08/10/98, Vol. 39 Issue 31, p38
Reports that telephone Bell Atlantic Corp. and GTE Corp., which plan to merge, foresee huge prospects in combining their online yellow pages services. Regulatory approval needed for the merger; Strengths of GTE's BigYellow Web site; Benefits and drawbacks of merger.
- Bell Atlantic serves a new TV dinner--Info Travel. Kapner, Suzanne // Nation's Restaurant News;11/27/95, Vol. 29 Issue 47, p14
Features Bell Atlantic's Info Travel electronic Yellow Pages service offered as a marketing medium for restaurants. Features of the service; Service's impact on restaurants' business operations.
- Yellow Book has line on Manhattan. Gabriel, Gail // Crain's New York Business;07/26/99, Vol. 15 Issue 30, p14
Highlights the success of Long Island, New York-based business directory company Yellow Book. Operations; Business size; Advertising mileage offered to media buyers; Revenues posted; Impact on the business of industry leader Bell Atlantic Corp. Yellow Pages.
- Most directory ads on the wrong page. Garfield, Bob // Advertising Age;3/18/1991, Vol. 62 Issue 12, pS-8
The article presents a review of Yellow Pages directory advertisements in the United States including BellSouth Corp. created by Tucker Wayne/Luckle & Co., Nynex Corp. created by Chia/Day/Mojo Inc., Pacific Bell Corp. created by Cone & Belding, Bell Atlantic Corp. created by FCB/LGK, and...
- Alternate Marketing Networks Signs Two Directory Deals. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;03/27/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p16
Reports on Alternate Marketing Networks Inc.'s signing of contracts with regional telephone company Bell Atlantic and local directory publisher GTE Corp. to deliver telephone directories. Reflection of Alternate Marketing's ability to perform and grow within its existing client base; Launch of...
- Bell Atlantic, US West step up info services. Mason, Charles F. // Telephony;4/25/94, Vol. 226 Issue 17, p16
Reports on Bell Atlantic and US West's interactive multimedia offerings. Bell Atlantic's introduction of its electronic directory services; Hotels and hospitality industry as target markets; Expansion of US West's CityKey, an interactive multimedia information service; Offering of paid...
- Bell Atlantic, GTE merger could lead to online combine. Warner, Bernhard // MediaWeek;08/10/98, Vol. 8 Issue 31, p26
Reports on the possible consolidation of Bell Atlantic's BigYellow and GTE's SuperPage online yellow pages services. Merger deal between Bell Atlantic and GTE; Strengths of each service; Cst-savings of a combined service; Issue on business operations and the existence of both brands.