- Site Of The Week. // Wireless Week;10/09/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 41, p30
Presents information on Barpoint.com Inc. Business profile of the company; Usefulness of the company's Web site; Arrangement of its Web site elements.
- BarPoint extends shopping services to mobile users. // RCR Wireless News;11/27/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 48, p24
Reports on BarPoint.com Inc.'s extension of its mobile shopping and information service to digital phone users through a short messaging system version of the BarPoint Shopper.
- Unlocking The M-commerce Door. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;11/20/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 47, p22
Reports on the partnership signed by BarPoint.com Inc., a leader in the market for m-commerce applications. Services BarPoint.com is launching in support of wireless phones; Basis of BarPoint.com's applications; Predicted value of the market for m-commerce by 2004. INSET: Site Of The Week.
- BarPoint.com, Motorola team for shopping app. // RCR;02/21/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p24
Reports on BarPoint.com's formation of an alliance with Motorola Inc. under which the two companies will make BarPoint's UPC-based shopping and information services accessible from Motorola TimePort Internet-enabled telephones.
- Verizon offers comparison shopping service via BarPoint.com. // RCR;05/08/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p14
Reports that Verizon Wireless will offer comparison shopping service through BarPoint.com.
- UPC, Web join for price-searching capability. Schwartz, Ephraim // InfoWorld;10/25/99, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p3
Reports on the technology from BarPoint.com that uses Universal Price Codes in conjunction with the Internet to find corporate sites that offer product information. Benefits for users; Comments from David Taylor, principal at e-Market Holdings; Web site of the firm.
- Hot Stuff. // Working Mother;Oct2000, p40
Suggests high tech gadgets and devices for working mothers. Spector 2.1 software; BarPoint.com's website; Brookstone Talking Photo Album; Think Outside's Stowaway, an attachment to a handheld computer.
- Computerscape >> Wired to excess? Spangler, Todd // Inter@ctive Week;01/17/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p64
Discusses issues on mobile electronic commerce. Information on Amazon.com's Anywhere program; Criticism of mobile electronic commerce; Development of an accessible shopping services by Internet start-ups BarPoint.com and IQorder.com.
- SPRINT/BARPOINT BRING PRODUCT INFO TO WIRELESS WEB. // Telephone IP News;Mar2001, Vol. 12 Issue 3, pN.PAG
Reports on the introduction of the BarPoint UPC-based shopping service from BarPoint on the Sprint PCS Wireless Web as of March 2001. Comments from Chip Novick, vice president of consumer marketing strategic business unit for Sprint PCS; Remark from John Macatee, president and CEO of BarPoint;...