- Midwest Zeroes In On Local Content. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;5/6/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 18, p24
Reports on the plan of Midwest Wireless LLC to distribute the type of information that impact customers' lives every day. Comments from Tim Tupy, Midwest's product services development manager, about the content; Company that will provide Midwest with specialized content; Expectation of the...
- Midwest Wireless offers voice dialing. // RCR Wireless News;10/2/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 40, p8
Reports the decision of Midwest Wireless to offer voice-activated dialing to its customers, on October 1, 2000. Details of the voice-activated dialing feature; Remarks from Midwest president Dennis Miller.
- Midwest Wireless offers EV-DO in Minn. county. // RCR Wireless News;5/2/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p9
Reports on the launch of rural wireless operator Midwest Wireless' CDMA200 EV-DO services in Olmsted County, Minnesota. Capability of the service; Way that users can access the network; Cost of the service.
- Building a High-Tech Reputation. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;3/15/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p21
Provides information on Mankato, Minnesota-based Midwest Wireless LLC, recipient of the 2005 "Wireless Week" magazine's Tier III Carrier Excellence Award. History; Factors behind the success of the company; Services offered by the company; Explanation on the BREW platform of the company.
- Midwest Wireless reaches 300K users. // RCR Wireless News;7/7/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 27, p13
Reports on the increase in subscribers of regional wireless operator Midwest Wireless in 2003. Plan of the company for its technology.
- Alltel's Burgeoning Footprint. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;12/15/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 25, p8
The article discusses the reasons for the growth of Alltel Communications. Alltel has decided to purchase Western Wireless and Midwest Wireless in 2005. The strategy planned by Alltel to integrate the markets of Western Wireless into its portfolio is discussed. Information on the services...
- Alltel expands into Midwest for $1 billion. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;11/21/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 47, p1
The article reports on the acquisition of Midwest Wireless by Alltel Corp. for $1.075 billion in cash. The deal includes the 400,000 wireless customers of the carrier, network assets and spectrum licenses. The company used CDMA2000 1x EV-DO technology to deploy high-speed wireless data...
- Metro One's stock surges following contract extension with Midwest. // RCR Wireless News;6/19/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p4
The article announces the decision of Metro One Telecommunications Inc. to renew a contract to provide enhanced directory assistance for Midwest Wireless subscribers. Metro One's 411 service provides movie listings and driving directions in addition to connecting customers with up to five...
- Late News. // RCR Wireless News;1/5/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p1
Presents news briefs on the U.S. wireless communication industry as of January 5, 2004. Launch of the CDMA2000 1x digital network in Iowa by Midwest Wireless; Start of the Nasdaq trading of Rural Cellular.