Throwing Health Research To The Public, Not Peers
- Dangerous Devices. Swartz, Nikki // Wireless Review;04/01/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p46
Looks at the alleged links between wireless phones and cancer. Research on the connection of wireless phones and cancer; Lawsuits filed against the wireless communication industry over the alleged links between wireless phones and cancer; Importance of educating consumers about the issue;...
- Wireless usage proliferates culture. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);08/13/99, Vol. 46 Issue 33, p41A
Reports on the results of a survey on wireless telephone systems. Percent who use wireless telephone systems; Impact of wireless systems on everyday life.
- Finding a fit. Stroud, Teresa // Wireless Review;02/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p28
Discusses the market outlook for multimode wireless telephones. Roaming agreements and partnerships aimed at building service coverage; Benefits offered by multimode phones to peripatetic professionals; Comparison of technology and quality of multimode phones with those of single-mode phones;...
- Wireline displacement by wireless unsettles carriers. Flanagan, Patrick // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Mar99, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p12
No abstract available.
- The power of being small. Csapo, John S. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Sep99, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p49
Reports the accommodation of wireless carriers' traditional base stations in the United States. Survey on the number of cell sites; Ordinances in zoning for base station construction; Benefits of microcell technology for carriers; Difference between microcell technology for code division...
- 2001 to Mark Real Data Movement. Swasey, Larry // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Dec2000, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p34
Focuses on the progress in the wireless data market in the United States. Advancement in thin and telematics areas; Increase in speed of data transmission services; Decline in hardware pricing; Reductions in service costs for wireless telephones.
- Wireless local loops. Dziatkiewicz, Mark // America's Network;11/01/95, Vol. 99 Issue 21, p46
Assesses the wireless loop market in the United States. Rapid development of wireless communications in the international market; Problem of mobility with fixed wireless systems; Definition differences among wireless providers; System configurations resembling cellular architectures; Potential...
- The Internet In Your Pocket. Clyde, Anne // Teacher Librarian;Sep2000, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p52
Explains the technology that enable mobile telephone users access the Internet called Wireless Application Protocol (WAP). Computer operating systems that are compatible with WAP; Range of services available for WAP users; Information on Internet search through WAP.
- Local wireless market gets hot. Sutton, Judy // Crain's Chicago Business;04/05/99, Vol. 22 Issue 14, pSR18
Reports on the local wireless telephone service in Chicago, Illinois. Entry of Kansas-based Spring Corp.; Market competition; Costs; Reaction of customers to efforts of wireless telephone service providers to differentiate themselves; Cellular One; AT&T Wireless. INSET: Web site reviews: Where...