Glancing Back, For The Journey Ahead
- Ebbers aims to keep Internet play as part of Sprint buy. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;01/17/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p3
Focuses on MCI WorldCom Inc. Chief Executive Officer Bernie Ebbers' disclosure of his plan to acquire Sprint Corp.'s wireless properties during a luncheon meeting at the National Press Club in Washington D.C. Clarification on rumors that MCI WorldCom attempted to acquire Nextel Communications...
- Mega deal hinges on wireless play. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;10/11/99, Vol. 237 Issue 15, p16
Speculates about the role played by wireless technology in the merger agreement between MCI WorldCom and Sprint Co. Expectations of customers; Overview of the merger agreement; Retail plans of WorldCom.
- The `M' Word Popping Up Yet Again. // Wireless Week;09/27/99, Vol. 5 Issue 39, p1
Presents news briefs on the wireless communication industry in the United States (US) as of September 27, 1999. Merger talk between MCI WorldCom Inc. and Sprint Corp.; Auction of the lower band of the US Federal Communications Commission.
- A wireless WorldCom. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;10/11/99, Vol. 18 Issue 41, p1
Reports on the merger between MCI WorldCom Inc. and Sprint Corp. Terms of the takeover agreement; Significance of the deal to MCI WorldCom's attempt to establish a nationwide wireless presence; Companies' acquisition of control of a large portion of the multipoint distribution services...
- d.C. BRIEFS. // RCR;03/20/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p28
Presents news items related to wireless telecommunication industry in the United States as of March 20, 2000. Includes compromise between US and European Union on data privacy; Opposition to the merger of MCI WorldCom Inc. and Sprint Corp.; Privatization of the International Telecommunications...
- MMDS next frontier for last-mile access. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;04/19/99, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the interest of Sprint Corp. and MCI WorldCom Inc. in wireless broadband service in a bid to access local markets and bypass connection to regional Bell operating companies in the United States. Sprint's plan to purchase wireless cable operator People's Choice TV; MCI WorldCom's...
- MCI, Sprint To Trial Wireless Net Service. McGinity, Meg // Inter@ctive Week;02/28/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p24
Reports the wireless Internet service trials of MCI WorldCom and Sprint company. Background of the wireless technology Multipoint Multichannel Distribution Service (MMDS); Challenges on the implementation of MMDS.
- WIRELESS INTERNET. // Wireless Week;04/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 14, p32
Presents news briefs about the wireless Internet communications industry in the United States as of April 3, 2000. Business partnership between Nortel's Clarify eBusiness Applications unit Andersen Consulting; MCI Worldcom to test its multichannel multipoint distribution service wireless...
- MCI WorldCom focuses on launching MMDS strategy. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;04/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 14, p20
Reports on MCI WorldCom Inc.'s launching of multichannel multipoint distribution service system. Access at speeds faster than T-1 connections; Installation cost per household; Multicell design for dense urban markets.