Pressures Growing For 800 MHz Incumbents
- Nextel trademark move needs context. Tilles, Alan // Mobile Radio Technology;Jul2003, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p64
Comments on the application of Nextel to register a trademark in the U.S. land mobile industry. Concern of the industry on the continued use of terms; Review of the registration process; Provision for use in connection with telecommunication goods and services.
- Nextel, Motorola vie for guard bands. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;9/11/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p2
Reports on the rivalry between Nextel Communications Inc. and Motorola Inc. for the top 15 markets of the guard-band manager licenses in the United States.
- Nextel still sweeping 800 MHz, short forms filed for C-block re-auction. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;11/13/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 46, p7
Reports on Nextel Communications Inc.'s continued domination of the ongoing auction of licenses for the lower 80 channels of the 800-megahertz band in the United States.
- Nextel tops as auction continues. // RCR;08/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p1
Reveals that Nextel Communications Inc. won 800 MHz licenses for the 15 most populous markets in the United States.
- Push-to-talk fever escalates. Gutowski, Mark // Mobile Radio Technology;Sep2003, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p16
Announces the approval of U.S. Patent and Trademark Office on the move done by Nextel Communications Inc. to register its trademark for its 'Push To Talk' service, on June 20, 2003. Motive behind Verizon Wireless officials' move to object on Nextel's registration of the trademark for its 'Push...
- Court To Consider Nextel Consent Decree. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;12/13/99, Vol. 5 Issue 50, p24
Deals with the urge of the United States Department of Justice to modify the 90 megahertz (MHz) consent decree it signed with Nextel Communications Inc. in 1995. Details on the decree; Arguments of the Alliance for Radio Competition; Company that holds the licenses for 900MHz.
- Nextel battles with Intek for 220 MHz licenses. // RCR;09/21/98, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p74
Reports on the competition between Nextel 220 License Acquisition Company and Intek License Acquisition Corp. over licenses in the 220 megahertz (MHz) band. Reason Nextel is expected to be an active participant; Minimum amount allowed in the 220 MHz auction bid; Listing of the top 15 bidders in...
- Nextel licenses Invertix software. // RCR Wireless News;2/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p57
Reports on the licensing of the ScanixT Packet Data wireless organization software from Invertix Corp. by Nextel Communications Inc.
- Nextel leads all bidders in speedy SMR auction. Wayne, Debra // RCR;11/03/97, Vol. 16 Issue 43, p2
States that according to statistics, Nextel Communications Incorporated seems to be the leader in auction of 525, 800 MHz specialized mobile radio services licenses. Top five bidders as of round 12; Details on net revenues for licenses following round 12; Indepth look at issue.