Wireless Data: Sell It Or Lose All
- CDMA poised to lead wireless Internet market. // RCR;08/14/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 33, p37
Presents study findings by Datacomm Research Co. that code division multiple access- (CDMA) based wireless services will enable millions of people to access multimedia content wirelessly.
- WIRELESS LAN EQUIPMENT SHIPMENTS TO TRIPLE WITHIN 5 YEARS. // LAN Product News;Apr2005, pN.PAG
This article discloses the conclusions of the report, Wireless LANs: Opportunities & Challenges in Home Entertainment, Voice, and Public Access, released by Datacomm Research Company. One of its conclusion stated that the market for wireless local area network (LAN) gear will roughly double in...
- By the Numbers. // Wireless Week;3/7/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p35
Presents findings from studies concerning the global wireless industry conducted by different research companies in the U.S. Bear, Stearns & Co.; Datacomm Research Co.; Infonetics Research.
- Stoking The Data Services Flame. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah; Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;9/10/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 37, p34
Discusses the prediction of telecommunication experts that speech technology will play a big role in the development of wireless applications. Reasons for the integration of voice and data applications; Propriety tests of leading consumer voice portals conducted by Datacomm Research Co.;...
- Handsets and Hammer. Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;1/21/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p12
Comments on the state of the wireless communications industry in the United States in 2002. Examples of wireless communication systems unveiled during the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nevada; Features of the handheld computer Nexio from Samsung.
- TROUBLESHOOT YOUR WI-FI. // Good Housekeeping;May2011, Vol. 252 Issue 5, p164
The article presents three tips on how to fix a Wi-Fi connection which is the wireless standard for connecting electronic devices.
- Dispatch software configures to use preference. // Mobile Radio Technology;Sep2002, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p38
Features a dispatch software for wireless communication systems for public safety agencies manufactured by the U.S.-based company, Valor Systems Co. Specifications; Applications.
- Test Path to 3G Leads to Flexibility and Multi-standard Instrumentation. Lau, Yuenie // Wireless Design & Development;Jun2002, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p10
Discusses the marketing of multimedia wireless services in the U.S. Decision of manufacturers and designers to continue designing and manufacturing products that will continue the evolution of the wireless technology; Flexibility of the companies producing 3G products; Use of computer software...
- DIGEO/MAGIS TO DEVELOP WIRELESS MEDIA CENTER SOLUTION. // Computer Protocols;Nov2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p5
Announces the agreement between Magis Networks Inc. and Digeo Inc. to jointly develop a prototype wireless media center software.