Chasing Rats From Our House
- Optical fiber carries multiple RF channels. // Laser Focus World;Aug99, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p62
Announces the development of a gigahertz-band multiple radio frequency media over a single optical fiber method. Significance of the technique; Where it can be applied.
- Plasma-sheath resonances and energy absorption phenomena in capacitively coupled radio frequency... Ku, Victor P. T.; Annaratone, Beatrice M. // Journal of Applied Physics;12/15/1998, Vol. 84 Issue 12, p6536
Presents information on the theoretical and experimental aspects of plasma-sheath resonances at different harmonics in collisionless plasmas, generated in a parallel-plate radio frequency plasma reactor. Overview of the experimental scheme; Calibration procedure of resonant voltage magnitudes;...
- Experimentally diagnosed transient behavior of pulse modulated inductively coupled thermal plasma. Sakuta, T.; Paul, K. C. // Journal of Applied Physics;2/1/1999, Vol. 85 Issue 3, p1372
Presents information on a study which investigated the transient behavior of an argon/hydrogen pulse-modulated radio-frequency inductively coupled thermal plasma. Experimental details; Results; Conclusions.
- Effects of selective dopamine D[sub 1] - and D[sub 2] -type receptor antagonists on the development of behavioral sensitization to 7-OH-DPAT. Mattingly, B. A.; Himmler, Candace; Bonta, Todd; Rice, LaTonia L. // Psychopharmacology;1998, Vol. 140 Issue 4, p387
Abstract The primary objective of this study was to determine whether the development of behavioral sensitization to the putative dopamine D[sub 3] receptor agonist 7-OH-DPAT could be prevented by either selective D[sub 1]-type or D[sub 2]-type dopamine receptor antagonists. In three...
- Evidence that orexin-A-evoked grooming in the rat is mediated by orexin-1 (OX[sub 1] ) receptors, with downstream 5-HT[sub 2C] receptor involvement. Duxon, Mark S.; Stretton, Jennifer; Starr, Kathryn; Jones, Declan N.C.; Holland, Vicky; Riley, Graham; Jerman, Jeff; Brough, Stephen; Smart, Darren; Johns, Amanda; Chan, Wai; Porter, Rod A.; Upton, Neil // Psychopharmacology;2001, Vol. 153 Issue 2, p203
Abstract Rationale: Orexins A and B have recently been discovered and shown to be derived from preproorexin, primarily expressed in the rat hypothalamus. Orexin-A has been ascribed a number of in vivo functions in the rat after intracerebroventricular (ICV) administration, including hyperphagia,...
- DELIVERING DIFFERENT REINFORCERS IN EACH HALF OF THE SESSION: EFFECT OF REINFORCEMENT RATE. Weatherly, Jeffrey N.; Rue, Hanna C.; Davis, Carolyn S.; Melville, Cam L. // Psychological Record;Summer2000, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p543
Previous research (Weatherly, Stout, Rue, & Melville, 2000) has shown that rats' rates of lever pressing for low-concentration liquid-sucrose reinforcement in the first half of an experimental session are higher when food pellets, rather than the same sucrose reinforcers, are delivered in the...
- EFFECTS OF OVERTRAINING ON REVERSAL AND NONREVERSAL LEARNING ON CONCURRENT DISCRIMINATIONS IN RATS. Nakagawa, Esho // Psychological Record;Summer2000, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p557
Two experiments examined the positive extradimensional shift effect of overtraining in concurrent mixed discriminations. In Experiment 1 rats were trained on two concurrent simultaneous discriminations and then either reversed on both tasks (Group W), or reversed on one task while a second novel...
- Mobile users need more data to make a choice. // Electronics Weekly;2/20/2002, Issue 2040, p23
Focuses ona research sponsored by the government of Great Britain to determine the health effect of radio frequency to mobile users. Total amount of the budget allocated into the research; Number of mobile users in the country; Reason for conducting the research.
- Recent 3He Radio Frequency Heating Experiments On JET. Van Eester, D.; Imbeaux, F.; Mantica, P.; Mantsinen, M.; de Baar, M.; de Vries, P.; Eriksson, L.-G.; Felton, R.; Figueiredo, A.; Harling, J.; Joffrin, E.; Lawson, K.; Leggate, H.; Litaudon, X.; Kiptily, V.; Noterdaeme, J.-M.; Pericoli, V.; Rachlew, E.; Tuccillo, A. // AIP Conference Proceedings;2003, Vol. 694 Issue 1, p66
Various ITER relevant experiments using 3He in a majority D plasma were performed in the recent JET campaigns. Two types can be distinguished: dedicated studies of the various RF heating scenarios which rely on the presence of 3He, and physics studies using RF heating as a working tool to...