- Smaller operators can thrive if flexible, in touch--Addington. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;12/6/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 49, p12
Presents an interview with First Cellular of Southern Illinois chief executive Terry Addington, appointed chairman of the Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association for 2005, about his obligations at the trade organization. Challenges facing small wireless telecommunications companies;...
- Nationwide LNP deadline flexible. Weaver, Heather Forsgren; Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;5/24/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 21, p1
Reports on the flexible deadline set for implementing the local number portability mandate in rural areas in the U.S. Reason for the decision of First Cellular of Southern Illinois to change from wireline to wireless port; Remarks from John Comisky, vice president of operations of Verizon...
- Cricket Copycats On The Make. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;8/20/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 34, p24
Reveals why other wireless carriers in the United States are copying the so-called all-you-can-eat wireless offerings of the San Diego, California-based Leap Wireless International Incorporated. Remarks from carriers about their flat-rate calling plans; Leap's largest market.
- YOUR TAKE. // Telephony;9/23/2002, Vol. 243 Issue 11, p30
Reports the survey on the spectrum-starved wireless operator in the purchase of Leap Wireless assets. Absence of business plans for Leap; Prediction on the fate of Leap Wireless; Recovery of the company from bankruptcy.
- Leap reports earnings. // RCR;01/18/99, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p17
Reports on Leap Wireless Inc.'s announcement that it posted first quarter earnings of $208,000 and added about 20,500 new customers in 1999.
- San Diego firm buys wireless communications license in SLC. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;04/19/99, Vol. 28 Issue 44, p5
Reports on Leap Wireless International Inc. as the highest bidder on wireless communications licenses.
- Leap Puts Slice On Hold. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;11/5/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 45, p19
Reports on the decision of Leap Wireless International Inc. to hold the market release of its product Slice, as of November 2001. Reason for the decision of the company; Details of the service provided by the firm; Description of the product.
- Leap launches in Michigan markets. // RCR Wireless News;12/17/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 51, p6
Reports that Leap Wireless International Inc. launched its Cricket wireless service in Battle Creek-Kalamazoo, Flint and Jackson, Michigan.
- Leap acquires licenses. // RCR Wireless News;11/27/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 48, p36
Reports on Leap Wireless Inc.'s acquisition of wireless operating licenses in Omaha, Nebraska and definitive agreement to acquire other licenses in Peoria, Illinois.