BellSouth To Offer Wireless Internet
- BellSouth Plans Latin Tracker, Eyes SBC Tie-up. // Wireless Week;04/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 14, p1
Reports on the plans of BellSouth Corp. to issue a tracking stock for its Latin American businesses. Value of the plans; Latin American countries where BellSouth has wireless business operations; BellSouth to merge its United States wireless phone businesses with those of SBC Communications Inc.
- BELLSOUTH LAUNCHES FAMILY OF INTERACTIVE SERVICES IN PERU. // RBOC Update;Jul2002, pN.PAG
Deals with interactive wireless services deployed by BellSouth in Peru. Products offered by BellSouth Internet Movil; Benefit of BellSouth Internet Movil to consumers; Key component of BellSouth Internet Movil.
- BellSouth makes MMDS buy. // Telephony;03/03/97, Vol. 232 Issue 9, p7
Reports on BellSouth's agreement to put up $48 million for wireless cable rights in Miami, Florida.
- BellSouth wipes out waiting list in Sao Paulo. // RCR;10/19/98, Vol. 17 Issue 42, p8
Reports on BellSouth Corp.'s announcement that its operations in Sao Paulo, Brazil signed-on the majority of individuals who have pre-subscribed for cellular service, previously on its waiting list. Number of new subscribers of the company; Influence of the pent-up demand for cellular service...
- BellSouth's mobile-computing system up for award. // RCR;04/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 14, p46
Reports on the nomination of BellSouth Corp.'s mobile computing system for the 2000 Computerworld Smithsonian Award.
- BellSouth introduces mobile computing platform. Bruno, Antony // RCR;02/22/99, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p11
Features the BellSouth TechPlus System, a mobile computing platform created to give BellSouth Corp.'s 15,000 service technicians access to customer service and network information in the field. Cost of the project; Replacement of the Craft Access System and Computer Access Terminals.
- BellSouth acquires Colombian stake. // RCR;05/29/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p50
Reports on BellSouth Corp.'s acquisition of a stake in wireless communications provider Celumovil SA.
- BellSouth launches digital wireless cable. Merli, John // Broadcasting & Cable;01/19/98, Vol. 128 Issue 3, p42
Reports on the efforts of BellSouth, a communication company in the United States, to provide wireless cable to customers. Details on the company's americast services which was launched in 1997; Comments from John Hartman, vice president of BellSouth Entertainment; Cost of the system.
- Wireless Seeks To Close Digital Divide. Lopez, Ed // Wireless Week;01/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p1
Reports on the service trial in Houma, Louisiana, by BellSouth Corp. to test the potential role of wireless technology in telecommunication. Benefits of wireless Internet access; Support needed by wireless technology; Technical and economic factors that will be assessed in the testing.