Amazon.com Through Wireless Web
- InterActivity. // Discount Store News;1/3/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p14
Focuses on Sprint PCS Wireless Web transactional electronic-commerce services that are available for the customers of Amazon.com Anywhere and Sprint PCS. Benefits of the services to customers; Statistics on digital wireless-telephone subscribers and Internet users in the United States in 1999.
- Amazon.com offering electrical products through wireless e-commerce. Ziegler, Amy // CEE News;Feb2000, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p7
Reports on Amazon.com's venture into the electrical equipment electronic commerce business. Offering of electrical and lighting products throughout the Internet firm's home improvement division; Target clientele; Partnership with Sprint PCS; Purchase of tool and equipment catalog company Tool...
- Live, With Ariba Inc. // Wireless Week;12/11/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 49, p30
Focuses on the use of the B2B Commerce Platform of Ariba Inc. by Sprint PCS. Features of the technology; Expectations of Sprint on the technology.
- Wireless Web In A Frenzy. // Wireless Week;09/04/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 36, p34
Reports that Sprint PCS' Wireless Web subscribers can access services marketplace of eFrenzy, an online service marketplace.
- The gift of wireless. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;12/18/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 25, p74
Offers a look at the offerings of wireless communications providers for the teen or young adults market in the 2000 holiday season. Features of the Sprint PCS' holiday catalog; AT&T Wireless' holiday promotion services; Description of the wireless services of Sprint PCS that target the teens;...
- Rome was not built in a day. Eichner, Tina // RCR Wireless News;5/14/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p12
Comments on the developments in the wireless Internet industry of the United States as of May 2001. Views on the business relationship of Amazon.com and Sprint PCS; Role of wireless data, Internet and information services to the growth in revenue of the industry.
- Sprint, Amazon.com explore revenue options for delivering data. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;12/13/99, Vol. 18 Issue 50, p3
Cites the effort of telecommunication carriers in the United States to create a business model most suited when teaming up with content providers to offer Internet access. Sprint PCS' move of signing up partners such as Yahoo!, Bloomberg and Ameritrade after the introduction of its Wireless Web...
- Wireless farm team. Ryan, Vincent // Telephony;09/04/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 10, p9
Deals with the plan of Sprint PCS to start a wireless incubator with eCompanies Wireless. Purpose of the move; Requirements to be called an Internet incubator; Information on eCompanies; Challenges faced by incubators.
- Shop From Anywhere on Amazon. // Chain Store Age;Nov99, Vol. 75 Issue 11, p174
Announces the launching of Amazon Anywhere, a shopping service of online retailer Amazon.com. Product offered by the service; Internet software company that supports Amazon Anywhere; Search engine also launched by the company.