A Familiar Scene: Merge, Swap, Sell
- NEWS. // Utility Week;1/25/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p4
Presents news briefs on the utility industry in Europe as of January 25, 2002. Change of accounting year of the Lattice Group; Claim of Vodafone on the number of its customers; Decision of the German government concerning Eon's proposed acquisition of Ruhrgas.
- Jury still out on Bell Atlantic-GTE merger. Dzikowski, Don // Fairfield County Business Journal;08/10/98, Vol. 37 Issue 32, p7
Discusses the possible implications of the proposed $68.6 billion merger of Bell Atlantic Corp. and GTE Corp. on traditional telephone consumers in Connecticut. Federal Communications Commission guidelines preventing Bell Atlantic from offering long-distance service to local consumers;...
- Policy makers ask if merger will lead to competition. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;08/03/98, Vol. 17 Issue 31, p4
Reports that Washington telecommunications policy makers showed skepticism about the merger between Bell Atlantic Corp. and GTE Corp. Comments from William Kennard, chairman of the United States Federal Communications Commission; Cost of the merger between the two companies; Predictions made on...
- Bell Atlantic, GTE merger could lead to online combine. Warner, Bernhard // Adweek Eastern Edition;8/10/1998, Vol. 39 Issue 32, p34
Reports on the impact of the merger of Bell Atlantic and GTE on other telecommunication companies. Advantages of the melding of the companies' yellow pages services; Strengths of each service; Cost-savings of the combined service.
- Bell Atlantic, GTE merger could lead to online combine. Warner, Bernhard // Adweek Western Edition;08/10/98, Vol. 48 Issue 32, p34
Focuses on the Bell Atlantic and GTE merger. Estimated amount of the proposed merger; Advantages of merging the online yellow pages services of the companies.
- Bell buys: A rush to judgement? Wilson, Carol // Inter@ctive Week;08/10/98, Vol. 5 Issue 30, Following p30
Discusses the concerns of analysts regarding the merger of Bell Atlantic Corp. and GTE Corp. Reasons for the concerns of analysts; Identification of reviewer of the merger; Analysis of the possible reaction of regulators.
- Let's All Join Hands. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;09/13/99, Vol. 5 Issue 37, p1
Reports on the continuation of a merger talks between Vodafone AirTouch and Bell Atlantic Corp. in the United States (US). Reasons for the two companies' strained relations in early 1999; Significance of the merger to Vodafone; Statistics on customers of Vodafone worldwide.
- Vodafone merger signals mobile future. B.M.C. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb99, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p15
Looks into British mobile telephone company Vodafone's merger with United States-based AirTouch Communications. Creation of a global wireless conglomerate; Competition with American local operator Bell Atlantic for AirTouch; Continued cooperation of AirTouch with Bell Atlantic's United...
- FCC approves mergers. // RCR;04/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 14, p3
Reports on the approval of the merger of Bell Atlantic Corp. and Vodafone AirTouch PLC's wireless assets. Terms of agreement.