Trails Supporter Patch
- WINONA STATE FOREST: WINTER WONDERLAND. McCarlan, Mariclaire // New York State Conservationist;Feb2004, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p26
Provides information on Winona State Forest, a winter park that offers outdoor activities to winter recreationists in New York. Historical background of the state forest; Information on the decision of a group of citizens and the U.S. Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) to develop a...
- Outdoor Fun!--Women learn outdoor skills at Becoming an Outdoors-Woman events. Roods, Merycarol // New York State Conservationist;Dec2012, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p14
The author presents a personal narrative of her experience in participating in Becoming an Outdoors-Woman (BOW) seminar sponsored by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation on a facility on Lake George, New York.
- ACCESS for ALL. Fraser, Carole; Verschoor, Karin // New York State Conservationist;Dec2005, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p26
This article looks at the improvements made by the Department of Environmental Conservation to its outdoor facilities in New York State as of December 2005. The concept of access to the outdoors has been changed by the combination of technology and an awareness of the needs and capabilities of...
- The Many Uses of Carlton Hill. Kiel, David L. // Conservationist;Nov/Dec87, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p16
Features the Carlton Hill Multiple Use Area, an open-space tract of public land administered jointly by the New York Department of Environmental Conservation's division of lands and forests and the bureau of wildlife for a broad spectrum of outdoor activities. Other Multiple Use Areas in the...
- VIRTUAL HUNTING. Jones, Wayne // New York State Conservationist;Aug2000, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p10
Describes a program launched by the New York Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) as of August 2000. Virtual hunting experiences provided to help teach the principles of safe and responsible hunting; Questions frequently asked about hunting; Basic rules of firearms safety taught to...
- GIRLZ 2 WOMEN. Gurnett, Kate // New York State Conservationist;Jun2002, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p6
Provides information on the 'Becoming an Outdoors-Woman' workshop sponsored by the New York Department of Environmental Conservation. Registration fee; Goal of the workshop; Outdoor activities included in the workshop; Comments from participants.
- DEC Camps Changed My Life. Mulverhill, Kirk // New York State Conservationist;Apr2003, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p28
Reflects on New York's Department of Environmental Conservation's Environmental Education Youth Summer Camp Program. Activities at the summer camp; Impact of the camp on children; Advantage of the summer camp.
- Scaroon Manor. Swinn, Brian W. // New York State Conservationist;Jun2006, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p6
The article focuses on the establishment of the Scaroon Manor day-use area on Schroon Lake in New York State. The recreation area is the product of a collaboration among local governments and organizations and the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation. The recreation area will...
- New Access to Catskill Lands. // New York State Conservationist;Feb2009, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p29
The article reports on the agreement completed by New York State and New York City officials to open 13,000 acres of city-owned property in the Catskills. Under the agreement, only Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) hunting, fishing and trapping licenses will be required. According...