BOTTLE BILL AT 25: Law Celebrates Remarkable Success
- Sen. pitches bottle bill. Fleming, Megan // Waste News;02/01/99, Vol. 4 Issue 38, p6
Reports on the introduction of a bottle bill in Virginia. Provisions of the bill; Expected benefits from the bill.
- Is California doing more harm than good by expanding the bottle bill? // Waste News;01/24/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 36, p8
Comments on the proposed expansion of the state of California's bottle recycling bill.
- Curbside, dropoff make sense today. Schmidt, Luke // Waste News;03/06/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 42, p8
Talks about the positives of beverage container disposal through voluntary recycling programs in the United States. Negative impact of deposit law system; Number of Americans participating in the curbside and dropoff recycling programs; Reasons why voluntary curbside and dropoff recycling...
- LETTERS. // Waste News;12/22/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 18, p9
Presents letters to the editor, published in the periodical "Waste News" as of December 22, 2003. Opinion that suggests glass manufacturers to support bottle bills; Unintended effect of recycling wastes on the U.S. economy; Argument over the recognition of recycling infrastructure by national...
- Calif. yea & nay. // Waste News;10/18/99, Vol. 5 Issue 23, p8
Editorial. Comments on the approval of a revised recycling and solid waste legislation in California by governor Gray Davis. Repeal of tax applied to the rental of reusable pallets and containers used in agriculture; Criticism on expansion of the bottle bill.
- Bottle bill worries recyclers. Truini, Joe // Waste News;12/20/99, Vol. 5 Issue 32, p3
Reports on recyclers' concern over the impact of California's expanded bottle bill on the quality of scrap plastic in the market. Inclusion of all plastic beverage containers in the state's revised bottle bill; Association of Post-Consumer Plastic Recyclers' concern about contamination;...
- Bottle blunder. // Waste News;12/20/99, Vol. 5 Issue 32, p8
Editorial. Comments on the decision of California officials to expand the state's bottle bill to include new materials in its recycling program. Success of the state's program of collecting polyethylene terephthalate pop bottles; Purchaser of recycled plastic, Mohawk Industries Inc.'s plan to...
- Calif. assembly passes expanded bottle bill. Toloken, Steve // Plastics News;8/30/1999, Vol. 11 Issue 28, p4
Announces the passage of the expanded bottle bill by the California Assembly on August 26, 1999. Terms of the bill; Concession made by the bill to soft drink and plastics industry; Support of the California Against Waste for the bill; Key reasons for the bill's passage.
- Bottle deposit bid fires up Neb. retailers. Killman, Curtis // Plastics News;12/6/1999, Vol. 11 Issue 42, p45
States that a Nebraska legislative proposal for a statewide deposit on beverage containers has drawn criticisms from retailers. Significance of the container deposit law particularly on recycling issues; Actions to be taken by retailers should the law be passed.