Greening the Woods
- FIVE RIVERS, ONE DAY. Lindsay, Thomas D. // New York State Conservationist;Jun2004, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p14
Presents several photographs documenting the people, places, plants and animals that make the Five Rivers Center in Delmar, New York, one of New York's Department of Environmental Conservation's showcase environmental education centers. Sunrise; Yellow iris that blooms along the Nature's...
- Summer Youth Camp. // New York State Conservationist;Feb2006, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p29
The article reports on the opening of the registration for the 59th New York State Department of Environmental Conservation Environmental Education summer camp for youths.
- greenways. // NYSUT United;10/4/2010, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p31
The article offers information on various environmental education web sites including the Air and Waste Management Association at www.awma.org, the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's environmental projects at www.dec.ny.gov, and the Green Schools Challenge project at www....
- Sparking Environmental Fires. Guzewich, Marsha // Conservationist;Sep/Oct91, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p20
Offers a look at the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's (DEC) three environmental education centers, which help people understand the environment, its problems, and the human role in managing natural resources. Center locations; Popular topics; Exhibits; Information.
- DEC Camps Changed My Life. Mulverhill, Kirk // New York State Conservationist;Apr2003, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p28
Reflects on New York's Department of Environmental Conservation's Environmental Education Youth Summer Camp Program. Activities at the summer camp; Impact of the camp on children; Advantage of the summer camp.
- Environmental Education Partnership Turns 25. Suozzo, Wendy Repass // New York State Conservationist;Aug2003, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p29
Reports on the 25th anniversary of the U.S. Department of Environmental Conservation's Five Rivers Environmental Education Center in Delmar, New York in 2003. Organizations that partnered for the project; Achievements of the program; Award presented to the project.
- Project WILD. Carey, Laura; Harrison, Ann // New York State Conservationist;Jun2007, Vol. 61 Issue 6, p24
The article presents information on Project WILD, an interdisciplinary conservation and environmental education program. Since 1986, Project WILD has been one of the programs of the Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) of New York. Through Project WILD workshops, DEC-trained...
- BRIEFLY. // New York State Conservationist;Dec2012, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p28
This section offers news briefs on the Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) of New York as of December 2012 on environmental conservation. The new Guided School Program (GSP) Building in Five Rivers Environmental Education Center in Delmar was dedicated to Wendy Repass Suozzo in...
- Fan MaiL. // New York State Conservationist;Feb2010, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p27
Several letters from children to the Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) in response to a program led by Rogers Environmental Education Center in Sherburne in Central New York are presented.