Unforgettable: Letchworth State Park
- The Finger Lakes Trail. Morris, John A-X. // New York State Conservationist;Aug2005, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p6
Presents an article about a hiking odyssey along the completed section of the Finger Lakes Trail in New York State. Description of the start of the trail in Allegany State Park; Provision of services to hikers by volunteers who maintain the trail; Ways to enjoy the scenery of the trail. ...
- Romancing the Stone. Oppedisano, Lorna // Syracuse New Times;8/31/2011, Issue 2107, p19
The article features the Stone Quarry Hill Art Park founded by sculptor Dorothy Riester in Cazenovia, New York. It notes that the park is sculpture space that spread across 104 acres of land over hour miles of hiking trails. It states that the park takes in revenue from members, with a starting...
- New Trail Manual Guides Trail Creation. // Parks & Recreation;Jan2005, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p13
Provides information on the manual "Guide to Planning Trails in New York State" released by Parks & Trails New York. Features of the manual.
- Cutbacks hurt Jones Beach. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/17/2009, Vol. 56 Issue 19, p12A
The article focuses on the closures of several swimming areas of Jones Beach State Park in Long Island, New York. A swimming pool will be closed down in the summer of 2009. Another beach called West End 2 will be facing its closure as declared by the officials in the state parks. The shut downs...
- The POOL closes for the season with encore on Labor Day. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);
The article focuses on the Family Night Glow Night at The Pool in Grand Saline, Texas where people have a good time celebrating the pool's last day of the normal season.
- Lessons from a pool in a box. Schweitzer, Lori Roberts // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 87 Issue 5, p113
Presents an article on building a family swimming pool in the backyard.
- Besides the money, why do you like this work? // Aqua;May2014, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p40
The article offers several insights on why they like to work in pool and spa industry which include helping families spend quality time, helping customers with their pool problems, and selling fun stuff.
- Laps of Luxury. Stuart, Leigh Ann // New Orleans Homes & Lifestyles;Jul2008, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p46
The article focuses on the installation of an elegant 15-by-41-foot lap pool as well as a 16-by-27-foot recreational pool by Cornerstone Pools Inc. around the house of Roy Sembera in Louisiana. The design is intended to carry the same theme of the house. It is unique because two pools tie the...
- Off the Deep End. Rushin, Steve // Time International (Atlantic Edition);9/10/2007, Vol. 170 Issue 10, p56
An essay on owning a home swimming pool is presented. The author comments on social perceptions of indulgence and famous deaths, real or in movies, that involved swimming pools. He cites statistics on the number of pools in the U.S., and how he used those to convince himself that average people...