- NSX Bangs For-Profit Drum and Expects New Offerings. Chapman, Peter // Traders Magazine;Jun2006, Vol. 19 Issue 254, p22
The article reports on the National Stock Exchange's (NSX) decision to demutualize and reconstitute itself as a for-profit entity in the United States. The members of the NSX have voted to demutualize in January 2006. The article also reports on NSX's plan to go private in June 2006, pending the...
- Equity market regulation--SIB discussion paper. // Accountancy;Apr94, Vol. 113 Issue 1208, p106
Reports on a discussion paper from the Great Britain Securities and Investments Board entitled "Regulation of the UK Equity Markets." Development of standards of market integrity and investor protection; Proposal for a retail order-driven system.
- Will Tokyo Be Asia-Pacific's Top Dog? Trombly, Maria; Yu, Wendy // Securities Industry News;5/15/2006, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p1
Deals with the proposed consolidation of the Tokyo Stock Exchange (TSE) in Tokyo, Japan with other stock exchanges in Asia. Efforts by the TSE to upgrade its trading systems; Challenges to be confronted by TSE in its planned consolidation with other exchanges in the region; Implications of...
- BOXed In, or Breaking Out? Weber, Bruce W. // Securities Industry News;11/1/2004, Vol. 16 Issue 36, p8
Presents information on the Boston Options Exchange (BOX), an all-electronic exchange launched in early 2004. Examination of the first months of activity in BOX; Differences between BOX and another all-electronic exchange, the International Securities Exchange, which was launched in mid-2000;...
- Canadians Talk Algorithms, Too. Jaworski, Alexa // Securities Industry News;10/31/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 36, p10
The article focuses on the rise of algorithmic trading in the Canadian securities industry. Algorithmic trading is gaining interest from Canadian securities traders and brokers. Market officials expect the rise of trades executed through algorithms in 2006. Steve Kee, director of media and...
- The Cost of Failure. Trombly, Maria // Securities Industry News;11/14/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p4
Comments on the failure of the Tokyo Stock Exchange (TSE) in Japan on November 1, 2005. Causes of stock exchange failure; Factor that caused the TSE crash; Suggestions for preventing stock exchange crashes.
- Will More IDS Deals Make It To Market? Ferguson, Joy // High Yield Report;11/8/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 43, p1
Reports on the uncertain number of income deposit securities (IDS), a tax-efficient hybrid of dividend paying stocks and high yielding debt that resembles income trusts in Canada will be issued in the market. Impact of the action taken by B&G Foods on the marketability of IDS; Reason behind the...
- Regionals' Stock Rising. Chapman, Peter // Traders Magazine;Aug2005, Vol. 18 Issue 243, p32
Reports that the four remaining regional stock exchanges in the U.S. are looking to partner with large brokerage houses in order to compete in the soon-to-be-electronic listed market. Plan to develop their own ECN-type of connectivity; Search of appropriate technology for electronic trading...
- Study Narrows Spread between ECNs & Market Makers. BRESIGER, GREGORY // Traders Magazine;Aug2005, Vol. 18 Issue 243, p62
Reports on the results of a study concerning ECN and market makers in the stock trading sector in the U.S. Fill rates for New York Stock Exchange stocks; Price improvement; Execution quality in the equities market.