CHINA'S ALPHABET MARKET MESS
- INVESTMENT VIEW. Tora, Brian // Money Marketing;5/20/2004, p28
Comments on a Pan-European approach to stock selection. Role of the nature of domestic investors on the way shares are rated; Risk-averse attitude of European investors; Single European securities market.
- Securities Markets: Opportunities Exist to Enhance Investor Confidence and Improve Listing Program Oversight: GAO-04-75. Hiliman, Rick // GAO Reports;4/8/2004, p1
The equity listing standards of the three largest U.S. securities markets--the American Stock Exchange (Amex), the Nasdaq Stock Market, Inc. (NASDAQ), and the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE)--have received heightened attention as part of efforts to restore investor confidence following the 2001...
- Market Data Revolution. Clary, Isabel // Securities Industry News;6/7/2004, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p1
Focuses on the regulatory issues in the U.S. securities industry. Proposal by Nasdaq to establish low market data fee; Details of the market data reform proposal by the Securities and Exchange Commission; Effect of the proposal on the market and investors.
- SELF-REGULATION BY THE MEXICAN STOCK EXCHANGE: A PROMISING PATH TOWARD DEVELOPING MEXICO'S SECURITIES MARKET? Cardenas, Eugenio J. // Stanford Journal of International Law;Winter2011, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p199
The article presents a study which looks into the benefits of self-regulation by the Mexican Stock Exchange (MSE). The study tries to examine the nature and aim of the self-regulation, the reaction of companies to trading suspension sanctions implemented by MSE, and the characteristics of the...
- Can the Market Be Controlled? // New Republic;11/13/29, Vol. 60 Issue 780, p336
Focuses on the need to control the behavior of the stock exchange, with reference to the conditions of the Wall Street. Disturbance which the vagaries of stock speculation cause; Effects of the diversion of savings and credit to operations in stocks; Impact of stock speculation by businessmen on...
- Broker Lobby Group Sees Conflicts in Nasdaq SIP Upgrade Process. Baker, Nick // Tradersmagazine.com;10/15/2014, p6
The article reports that the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA) criticized the process of choosing who will upgrade infrastructure in the stock market in the U.S. According to the lobbying group, brokers, investors and members of the public should be part of the...
- Value play. Muller, Joan // Finweek;11/4/2010, p39
The article reports that Capital & Counties Properties (Capco) made its debut on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) as an inward listing on May 10, 2010 and scares many investors because of exchange control implications.
- Sri Lanka's CSE Powering Ahead. // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/30/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p7
Reports on the performance of Sri Lanka's stock market in the first quarter of 2003. Factors contributing to the strong performance of the stock market; Attitude of investors; Stocks that are most attractive.
- Analysts: 2% market fall is healthy. // Estates Gazette;1/13/2007, Issue 702, p50
The article reports that analysts moved to calm investors' nerves following a gloomy period for listed property companies on the share market. The Financial Times and the London Stock Exchange's 100 largest property companies led the market lower, it fell about 2%, with the biggest losers...