Don't Call It Interest
- Search begins for the next generation of experts. Robson, Victoria // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;9/7/2007, Vol. 51 Issue 36, p43
The article reports on the call of Sharia scholars to establish a training academy to help support growth of the Islamic finance market. One of the scholars, Hussain Hamid Hassan, has set up Dar al-Sharia consultancy with Dubai Islamic Bank to offer legal, commercial and financial training...
- Short Takes. // American Banker;10/7/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 193, p11
Reports on developments concerning the investment products market in the United States, as of October 7, 1999. Launch of proprietary Internet-related mutual funds by SunTrust Banks Inc. and Goldman Sachs Asset Management; TD Waterhouse Group's plan to start online bond trading by the end of 1999.
- Glodman Sachs pledge to keep up Lincoln leading bond pace. Duncan, Chris // Money Marketing;4/29/2004, p22
Reports on the maintenance of the first-quartile performance of Lincoln's top performing corporate bond fund by Goldman Sachs Asset Management in Great Britain. Improvement of the credit quality of investment grade firms; Percentage of the funds being invested in high-yield portfolio; Reliance...
- Ex-Tudor team at Idalion thrive with FX-biased discretionary/systematic global macro strategy. // Euro Hedge;3/16/2015, p1
The article offers information on the currency and liquid emerging markets-biased macro specialist Idalion Capital established by a team which has worked together for many years at Tudor, Vega and Goldman Sachs Asset Management; blending discretionary and quantitative strategies by the firm to...
- Goldman Sachs unveils multi-asset absolute return fund. Brearley, Beth // Fundweb;9/3/2015, p8
The article offers brief information on a multi-asset absolute return fund launched by Goldman Sachs Asset Management.
- Goldman Sachs Unveils Retirement Share Class. // Plan Advisor News;2015, p87
The article reports the launching by Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) as of August 2015 of an R6 retirement share class in 54 mutual funds, including 49 funds that were available for purchase on July 31, 2015.
- Strong Second Lien Issuance Persists, But Road Bumps Are Forming. G. S. // Bank Loan Report;7/17/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p1
The article provides update on the financial performance of several financial services companies for the second quarter of 2006. Credit Suisse Asset Management has issued $1.86 billion in second lien volume since the first quarter of the same year to bring its first second half volume to $3.4...
- DIB To Launch US$5bn Sector-Specific Fund Range. // Emerging Markets Monitor;4/10/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the partnership between Dubai Islamic Bank and Dubai World to launch a family of private equity funds. Target market of the equity funds; Total capital of the funds; External advisors of the funds.
- Islamic footprints - making strides. Chilwan, Adnan // Banker Middle East;Sep2013, Issue 154, p12
The article presents an interview with Adnan Chilwan, newly appointed Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Dubai Islamic Bank (DIB). Topics discussed include ambition and efforts of banks of Dubai to become a global hub for Islamic finance, key issues faced by DIB to realize its vision, outlook for...