- Shopping. // New Orleans Magazine;Oct97, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p90
Lists of shopping malls and department stores in New Orleans, Louisiana. Elegant Illusions Incorporated; Wise Buys; Adler's; Donna Browne; Jacqueline Vance Rugs; Sadie's; Whole Foods; Hall Piano; The Esplanade.
- DEPARTMENT Story. ZIVAN, DAVID // Indianapolis Monthly;Oct2011, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p76
The article describes the William H. Block shopping building located at the corner of Market and Illinois streets in Indianapolis, Indiana. It reveals that the building had a luncheonette, a Terrace Tea Room, the Men's Grill, and the James Whitcomb Riley Fountain Room. It also notes that the...
- CHAN FAMILY. // BRW;5/28/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 21, p145
The article focuses on the Chan family listed in "BRW" magazine's 200 richest people in Australia with $240 million assets in property investment in Sydney, New South Wales. The Chan family has received the green light for redeveloping its Eastwood Shopping Centre in north-west Sydney. The four...
- Searching for an anchor in the storm. DeGross, Renee // Shopping Center World;Jun2002, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the problems faced by Perimeter Mall in Atlanta, Georgia regarding its space vacancy due to the closure of a J.C. Penney store. List of anchor stores at the mall affected by the closure of the store; Speculations on stores to fill the vacancy; Implications of the closure for...
- Retailers think Saks is worth the wait. // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/7/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 30, p15A
Reports on the October 2002 announcement by Saks Fifth Avenue and Simon Property Group Inc. that the Saks Fifth Avenue department store chain will open at the Fashion Mall at Keystone at the Crossing in Indianapolis, Indiana. Saks' renovation of the space formerly occupied by Jacobson's;...
- Downtown mall stung by loss of anchor. // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/26/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 44, p6A
The article reports that the departure of the Circle Centre anchor store Nordstrom at The Fashion Mall in July 2011 has left a 210,000-square-foot space at Keystone in Indianapolis, Indiana after its declined market share and sales in more than half for 20 years.
- Ridgmar Mall tenants moving for new anchor. Sayewitz, Ronni // Business Press;09/05/97, Vol. 10 Issue 19, p3
Reports that tenants of the Ridgmar Mall, Fort Worth, Texas, were asked to relocate or close during the Christmas sales season for 1997. Addition of a new department store following the sale of the mall to New York-based Shopco Group; Plans for the department store.
- Holiday shoppers flock to malls. Smith, Hubble // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);12/7/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 49, pP13
The article reports on an increase in the number of shoppers who lined up before dawn at malls and department stores in Las Vegas, Nevada on Black Friday in 2009. According to the author, Black Friday traditionally opens the holiday shopping season with sales and discounts. Among these shoppers...
- MAIL RATS. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);9/5/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 36, p19
Focuses on the plan of Westfield San Francisco to develop a department store mall in Las Vegas, Nevada.