Reach for the Stars
- New products…&then some! Conway, Peggy // LabTalk;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 35 Issue 157, p16
The author discusses how her company manages its optical laboratory business. She mentioned the problem they encounter to monitor products and prices. She offered information on the company's Progressive Lens Price List, along with its benefits. She also explained how the Customer Service...
- MIRROR MIRROR ON THE WALL WHO'S THE FAIREST LAB OF ALL. WALKER, CHRISTIE // LabTalk;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 41 Issue 6C, p24
The article offers information on how optical laboratories (labs) can improve customer service through customer research. The author proposes a method used in the food industry, called the Secret Shopper program, to study the customer experience. Also discussed are methods to enhance customer...
- Transitions Lab of the Year Finalists. // LabTalk;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 38 Issue 2E, p24
The article lists the Transitions Lab of the Year Finalists for 2009 including Hirsch Optical Corp. and Winchester Optical Co., Transitions Lab of the Year Finalists for Europe, Middle East and Africa including Lenstec Optical Laboratories, The Norville Group, Ltd. and Optovista and the 2009...
- EDITOR'S LETTER. Walker, Christie // LabTalk;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 41 Issue 14E, p4
The author reminds owners of independent optical laboratories to strengthen their partnerships with their customers and constantly reinvent themselves to keep their laboratories and customers from being gobbled by big business.
- From the Editors. // CPA Practice Management Forum;2009, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on how firms compare between nutrient partners and toxic partners in accounting services management, on the attitudes of young employees in accounting firms, and best practice adopted in multicorporations.
- 20/20 BASICS. NICOLA, GLORIA // 20/20;Jun2010, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p91
The article provides tips for retailers in the optical industry for providing good customer service including being informative, treating customers with kindness, and being flexible with sales options.
- INDIANA OPHTHALMICS, INSIGHT OPTICAL JOIN OSC. // Vision Monday;8/17/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p054
The article reports that Indiana Ophthalmics and Insight Optical have joined Optical Supply Coop (OSC), an alliance of wholesale laboratories, in 2009. Indiana Ophthalmics offers practice enhancement programs, simplified ordering, extensive inventory, and sales promotions to its clients. Insight...
- VM's Top Labs Honored at OLA. // Vision Monday;12/17/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p20
The article reports that the attendees and exhibitors of the Optical Laboratories Association (OLA) celebrated the release of "Vision Monday's" Top Labs 2007 report and the presentation of the "LabTalk" magazine's Optical Laboratories Web Site of the Year award at a party in Indianapolis,...
- OVERHEARD. // Vision Monday;9/5/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p10
The article presents statements from ophthalmic and eye care practitioners regarding the 2011 International Vision Expo West and the Annual Meeting of the Optical Laboratories Association.