Category Review: Religious Book Market
- ECPA: Sales Up, Unit Sales Stagnant For Christian Titles In 2004. // Book Publishing Report;4/25/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 16, p3
Reports on the increase in sales of Tempe, Arizona-based Evangelical Christian Publishing Association in 2004. Slight increase in the unit sales of Christian books; Strong sales of more expensive books such as Rick Warren's "The Purpose Driven Life"; Decline in the gross revenue of the Christian...
- Spring/Summer Religion Books. Dahlin, Robert; Hix, Charles // Publishers Weekly;2/17/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 7, p30
Presents a list of religious books from several publishers in the U.S. as of February 2003. ACTA Publications; Avalon; Beacon Hill Press of Kansas City; Bonus Books; Catholic Book Publishing; Crossroad Publishing; Duke University Press; Jewish Publication Society.
- Free press Pumps Up Religion. Nelson, Marcia Z. // Publishers Weekly;2/17/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 7, p32
Reports that Free Press is tapping the U.S. market for religious book publishing as of February 17, 2003. Literary choices of the publisher for spring 2003; Genre of books that Free Press is planning to release in fall 2003.
- Tough Times, Tenacious Readers. Garrett, Lynn // Publishers Weekly;2/17/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 7, p28
Presents various issues related to religious book publishing as of February 17, 2003. Changes in the title output within the U.S. Christian publishing market; Examples of books that feature Yoga practice; Controversy associated with two books from Harper San Francisco.
- Slimmed-Down But Looking Strong. Garrett, Lynn; Winston, Kimberly // Publishers Weekly;6/16/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 24, p44
Highlights religion and spirituality publishers at the 2003 BookExpo America (BEA) exhibition. Promotion of books by Thomas Nelson at BEA; Deal of Merkh with Laurie Beth Jones for the book 'Jesus Life Coach: Learn from the Best'; Books highlighted by Harper San Francisco at the exhibition.
- Securing a Legacy, Paying the Bills. Nelson, Marcia Z. // Publishers Weekly;3/27/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 13, pS7
The article deals with the strategy of small publishers in the U.S. in publishing meditation books. Shambhala Publications in Boston, Massachusetts offers a variety of titles about the transformation of consciousness. The Golden Sufi Center in Inverness, California publishes the work of Sufi...
- Religion Books at the Fair. Garrett, Lynn // Publishers Weekly;10/27/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 43, p28
Provides information on the participation of religion publishers in the 55th Frankfurt Book Fair held in Germany from October 8 to 13, 2003. Reason that German religion publishers boycotted the fair in 2002; Increase in sales experienced by Paulist Press in the first quarter of 2003;...
- Scholars Indulge Book Fever. Garrett, Lynn; Tickle, Phyllis; Riess, Jana // Publishers Weekly;12/8/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 49, p22
Highlights the annual joint meeting held by the American Academy of Religion and the Society of Biblical Literature in Atlanta, Georgia from November 22 to 25, 2003. Number of authors and publishers who have participated in the event; Topics tackled at the event; Overview of the financial...
- High Times for Books on Faith. Nelson, Marcia Z. // Publishers Weekly;8/23/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 34, pS2
Discusses the views of publishers on some of the findings of an online survey conducted by "Publishers Weekly" regarding consumer buying behavior toward spiritual books. Implications of the young readership of spiritual books; Sales channels; Impact of the author on the sale of books. INSET:...