Business District Security's 'Catch'
- Crime and punishment. Burlingame, Jon // Daily Variety;9/28/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 20, pA9
Features several law enforcement television programs depicting the metropolitan area of New York, New York. Addition of a third series to the 'Law & Order' franchise of producer Dick Wolf; Start of the location shooting of 'Criminal Intent'; Resumption of the second season of 'The Job.'
- Good cops, bad cops. Lane, Charles // New Republic;4/3/95, Vol. 212 Issue 14, p42
Presents an article about the social scientific value of the reality television program "Cops." Importance of the program as an acculturation tool; Depiction of the nature of the job of the law enforcers in the program.
- Long arm of TV. // Broadcasting & Cable;01/29/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 5, p74
Comments on issues concerning the relevance of television programs in aiding law enforcement in the United States. Effectiveness of the show, America's Most Wanted (AMW) in helping law enforcement; Credibility of the host of AMW, John Walsh; Role of KKTV Colorado Springs in capturing the convicts.
- Justified. Gliatto, Tom // People;3/15/2010, Vol. 73 Issue 10, p49
This article reviews the television program "Justified," starring Timothy Olyphant and Walton Goggins.
- SERIAL ENTERTAINERS. APPLEYARD, RODNEY // Inside Film;Aug2009, Issue 123, p10
The article discusses an interview with television producer Michael Cordell regarding formats, funding and working with commercial networks. Cordell relates that there is a constant interest in shows about police work since they handle extreme human behavior. Cordell shares that the cost for his...
- Television Crime Drama and Homeland Security: From Law & Order to "Terror TV.". Tasker, Yvonne // Cinema Journal;Summer2012, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p44
This article explores the migration of themes of homeland security and political violence from sensational action formats to procedural crime dramas. It argues that, although the latter have typically developed distinctive strategies and relatively complex narratives, there are commonalities...
- Boos in the night. Burr, Ty // Entertainment Weekly;2/19/93, Issue 158, p66
Reviews the videotape `It,' directed by Tommy Lee Wallace.
- Kindred spirit. // Entertainment Weekly;11/12/93, Issue 196, p49
Reviews the made-for-television movie `They,' directed by John Korty.
- BAROMETER. Kolb, Carolyn // Louisiana Life;May/Jun2011, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p12
The article offers news briefs related to various issues in Louisiana. Abbeville restaurant Cajun Claws will be included in an upcoming episode of the show "Hook, Line and Dine," in the Cooking Channel. The town of Independence is set to build sidewalks in neighborhoods near Independence...