Two 'Faces' of Biometrics
- Transit Driving Demand for Smart Cards. Bell, Stephanie // American Banker;9/3/2010, Vol. 175 Issue F334, p7
The article presents commentary from consultant Frost & Sullivan International on the growing demand for smart cards occasioned by the increasing use of advanced fare-payment systems by mass-transit organizations in the U.S.
- Smart card market shows high growth. // RCR;02/10/97, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p18
Focuses on a report from international market consulting company Frost & Sullivan, which shows that the world's smart card markets are creating high growth markets in regions not traditionally marketed for technological advances. Forecasts of growth in Latin American and Asia Pacific regions;...
- Biometric technologies: the next standard in identification security. // Caribbean Business;7/4/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 27, p33
Focuses on a report by Frost and Sullivan, which indicates that biometric products are poised to become the leading standard in verification, authentication and identification technology. Prediction that network security will become the largest application in the biometrics market; Factors...
- From Casinos to 'Multi-cards' DeBerry, Ron // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul2005, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p18
Discusses the different security system methods that center on multi-technology cards including biometrics and smart chips. Personal computer-based approach; Standalone approach; Portable database approach; Integrated template management approach. INSET: Wedded to Embedded.
- The Money is on Security. Ritchey, Diane // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2009, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p106
The article focuses on the use of smart card and biometric technologies to provide security for banks and financial companies in the U.S. The use of smart card is efficient to prevent administrative errors and medical errors. This works with a microcontroller with internal memory because it...
- Analyst says smart card players have to take it up a notch. // RCR Wireless News;9/17/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p6
Presents predictions for the smart card industry from an analyst at the company Frost & Sullivan. Factors causing the need for additions to the services offered by smart card companies; Service applications offered by smart cards.
- It's All in the Cards. D'Alto, Nick // Odyssey;Oct2007, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p36
The article presents information on the use of smart cards in biometric systems in the U.S.
- Demand upsurges for power-quality protection. // CEE News;Nov97, Vol. 49 Issue 12, p1
Provides information on the study made by market research consultant Frost & Sullivan (F&S) on electronic industry. Estimated growth of US Power Quality Protection market; Basis of the market growth; Other topics included in the study.
- Biometrics -- Getting Personal and Liking It. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Feb2011, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p42
The article focuses on the use of biometrics-based system integrated with access controls in handling homeless individuals. It says that the integration of biometrics to any existing access control application was simplified; thus, eliminating extra network infrastructure costs. It also states...