Ski Channel Buys Stake in Rage Films
- New film to be produced locally. Berrios Figueroa, Hector // Caribbean Business;8/2/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 31, p33
Focuses on the investment of W. Blass Entertainment Group Inc. on producing a local films in Puerto Rico. Introduction of the film 'High Conspiracy'; Strategies used in the production of the film; Negotiations with Miramax Films, Universal International.
- LEADING OFF. Schneider, Andrew // Screen (10707573);11/18/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 23, p2
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the Association of Independent Commercial Producers (AICP) Show in Chicago, Illinois on November 19, 2009, an interview with Jason White, creative director of Lift Motion Design, and the article on the investment of...
- Investment in Brit pic biz drops 35%. Dawtrey, Adam // Daily Variety;1/23/2002, Vol. 274 Issue 39, p6
Reports in the decline in investments in British-made motion pictures in 2001. Percentage decline in investments; Decline in expenditure for British films by 15 percent.
- 'Rings' fling is over, but Kiwi coffers fine. Cleave, Louisa // Daily Variety;12/8/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 53, p11
Presents the revenue gained by the motion picture industry in New Zealand for the year 2002. Result of the production of 'The Lord of the Rings' trilogy; Increase of investment in production; Decline in th number of foreign and domestic films made.
- SA film industry is ready to roll. Keenan, Ted // Finance Week;9/21/2001, p39
Focuses on the motion picture industry in South Africa, as of September 21, 2001. Infrastructure; Add-on services for film-making; Investment opportunities in the industry; Sources of foreign investments in the industry; Level of government support for the industry.
- Indian film biz finally gets fiscal recognition. Mathur, Arti // Variety;11/13/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 13, p92
Focuses on the motion picture industry in India. Purpose of the proceeds from the initial public offering of Mukta Arts Intl. in 2000; Foreign production companies that plan to put investments in the country; Companies being considered by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting for...
- Corporate coin helps Bollywood clean up. Pearson, Bryan // Daily Variety;8/21/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 56, p4
Reports on how investors are helping the Indian film industry clean up its image tarnished by police claims of a connection between the industry and the underworld. Funding of film projects; Amount poured into the industry in the financial year ending March 2003.
- CELLULOID IS SEXY. Avis, Tim // Variety;05/15/2000, Vol. 378 Issue 13, p53
Reports on the increasing number of public and private sources in Great Britain investing in the nation's film industry, as of May 2000. Outcome of the trend; Details on the development fund established by the Film Council; Drawbacks to the investments.
- France's left and right join to blast int'l treaty. Tartaglione, Nancy // Variety;04/06/98, Vol. 370 Issue 8, p13
Deals with the stand of the French about the proposed Multilateral Investment Agreement (MIA). Position of the French film industry about the issue; Effect of the MIA to France's cinematic culture; Effect of globalization to cultural identity.