TECH TAKEWAYS FROM D.C
- Accenting Success. // Multichannel News;Nov2002 Supplement, Vol. 23, p20A
Reports on the marketing efforts of the cable television network HBO as of November 2002. Promotional campaign for miniseries 'Band of Brothers,' to be telecast on HBO; Comments of Eric Kessler, executive vice president of marketing, on the various campaigns run by HBO; Money spent by HBO on...
- Indy's Great Lakes Cable Show Went On. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;3/31/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p4
Cable operators and industry types were off to the races in the week preceding March 31, 2003 at the Great Lakes Cable Expo, even if they were running on a smaller track. As with most other shows, the floor at the Indianapolis Convention Center was compact to say the least, with aisles narrow...
- Slowdown May Hit CTAM Summit. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;7/2/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 27, p8
Pre-registered attendance for the upcoming CTAM Summit in San Francisco, California had started to trend down by late June, Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing officials said. Figures for the week ended June 22 were about 10 percent lower than pre-registration totals at the...
- Thaw in VOD Deployment Sought at Chilly Summit. Crupi, Anthony // Cable World (10427228);11/4/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 41, p13
Focuses on the Kagan video-on-demand (VOD) summit in New York Helmsley in November 2002. Cable operator executives who attended the summit; Issue faced by cable operators; Suggestion on tracking illegal copying of videos.
- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);4/1/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 13, p10
Presents news briefs related to cable television networks as of April 2002. Corporate research unit created by Turner Broadcasting System; Suspension of the services of Court TV U.S. in Canada; Annual convention of the National Community Television Association.
- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;6/15/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 24, p24
A calendar of events related to cable television industry in the U.S. for 2009 is presented including the "Positively Cable 2009: Escape from the Planet of Mutant Broadband Hell" to be held at the Denver Tech Center in Colorado on June 16, the 2009 Minnesota Cable Communications Association...
- In Multiplatform World, Categories Still Rule. Solomon, Ken // Multichannel News;6/16/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p39
The author comments on distributors focus of their promotion and marketing efforts on nonlinear media platforms. He points out the need for linear network category brands, provided they are smart and differentiated categories that audiences care about. He claims that if cable operators develop a...
- Class Clown. Melillo, Wendy // Adweek Western Edition;4/8/2002, Vol. 52 Issue 15, p11
Focuses on the plan of the Music Television cable network to launch a college-network programming concept. Information on entertainment programming and commercials directed to college student; Reaction to the marketing concept of the cable network; Significance of the marketing concept to the...
- Rating a mention. Wakefield, Philip // Onfilm;Feb2012, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p8
The article suggests that free-to-air TV is still active despite the predominance of cable channels and presents marketing improvements of several stations which include new-season launches of TV One, TV2 and TV3.