AS SALE LOOMS, GEMSTAR RATES A LOOK
- Gemstar exec change clicks with investors. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;8/19/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 54, p8
Reports on the stock performance of technology and publishing company Gemstar-TV Guide International. Impact of a planned restructure and management reshuffle on share prices of the company; Reasons cited for the planned management restructure.
- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);11/4/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 41, p13
Presents news briefs on cable television in the U.S. as of November 4, 2002. Decision of Gemstar-TV Guide International to replace KPMG as its dependent auditor; List of celebrities enlisted by Oxygen for its on-air promos; Demographics of the viewers of International Channel.
- WEEKLY MOVERS. // Multichannel News;1/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p48
Presents charts and graphs on the stock market performance of cable operators in the U.S. broadcasting market. RCN Corp.; Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc.; Nortel Networks Inc.; Playboy Enterprises Inc.
- SEC asks court to stop payment to Gemstar execs. Sperling, Nicole // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/6/2003, Vol. 378 Issue 26, p4
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) on May 5, 2003 filed papers in court requesting that Gemstar â€” TV Guide International hold $37.6 million in severance payments from two former officials until it concludes its investigation of the company. According to papers filed in the...
- Gemstar programming aid offers viewers TV potluck. Marlowe, Chris // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;3/29/2005, Vol. 388 Issue 24, p6
This article reports that Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. unveiled plans for TV Guide Spot, a new on-demand network offering original shortform programs designed to entertain while they direct viewers toward the best of the coming week's television. According to TV Guide Spot's general...
- TV Guide Tweaks Strike a Chord. Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;3/31/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p16
TV Guide Channel plans to unveil an on-screen programming grid, one of several content maneuvers to come over the next few months as of March 2003. The changes are designed to give the scrolling programming guide, a unit of Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc., in order to gain viewership and...
- Gemstar's New Template. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;10/13/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p2
Reports on a license deal signed by Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. with Time Warner Cable that will allow Time Warner to control some of the interactive program guide of Gemstar. Terms of the agreement; Significance of the deal; Agreement between the companies with regard to selling...
- 'TV Guide' Changes Could Boost Tribune. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;8/8/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 32, p21
Reports on the plan of Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. to eliminate its local editions of its "TV Guide" magazine in the U.S. Possible impact of the decision on cable operator; Estimated number of cable subscribers who received customized versions of Tribune Media's "The Channel Guide";...
- Guiding the interactive change. Battista, Richard // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/14/2006, Vol. 397 Issue 1, p12
The article presents an interview with Richard Battista, CEO of Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. Battista said that the world of guidance in television and media has become more important than ever. According to Battista, one of the major themes for relaunching the Web site...