Saying 'Si' to Digital
- Miami nice for Hispanic TV surge. Wilker, Deborah // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/6/2004, Vol. 381 Issue 50, p30
This article focuses on television broadcaster Discovery Networks Latin America. Discovery's vast operation in Miami, Florida is one of several that has come to define Miami as the epicenter of Hispanic broadcasting in the United States â€” and as an increasingly vital hub for production...
- Home Shopping: Espanol Celebrates New Broadcast Expansion to 24-Hours a Day, 7-Days a Week. // Hispanic Times Magazine;Oct/Nov2000, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the development of the Spanish-language version of the Home Shopping Network. Celebration to mark the expansion of broadcast hours to 24 hours, seven days a week; Relocation of hired companies to Tampa Bay, Florida.
- LATV Makes Leap to National Stage. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;12/1/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p42
Reports on the launch of LATV, a programming service for young Latinos, as a 24-hour, satellite-delivered cable network service in the U.S. in December 2003. Description of its programs; Number of viewers reached by LATV; Competitors.
- Uphill Battle. Clemens, Luis // Multichannel News;4/2/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p14
The article reports that Spanish-language cable broadcasting companies in the U.S. should focus more attention and efforts on children's programming. This is because one out of four Hispanics is under the age of 14 and one out of every five preschoolers is Hispanic American. There are cable...
- Can you hear us now? // Cable World (10427228);3/31/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p12
Discusses the findings of a survey conducted by Cable World/NBC regarding Latino subscribers of cable television in the U.S. Reason for subscribing to cable television; Awareness of high-definition services; Observations on the result of the survey.
- MIAMI. Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;10/27/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 43, p23A
Discusses the efforts of Comcast Cable to market digital cable television services to Hispanic Americans in Miami, Florida. Information on the Hispanic population in Miami; Features of the Miami marketing effort of Comcast; Description of the advertisements used by Comcast to introduce its...
- SÃ TV Unveils New Look. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;3/31/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p11
The article reports on the unveiling of Si TV's look for 2008. The television network has updated the graphics on its television and broadband platforms. The revamping includes changes to the network's logo as well as an animated on-air identification that incorporates pop art and iconography...
- Latino TV's English Sound Machine. Breznick, Alan // Multichannel News;2/7/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p28
Presents updates on U.S.-language, Hispanic audience-oriented cable television network SÃ TV as of February 7, 2005. Companies which SÃ TV has distribution deals with; Significance of its Speak English, Latin theme; List of the advertiser brands of the network.
- Legal Issues Concerning Cable Television: The Greek Case. Iosifidis, Petros C.; Kiki, Joanna P. // Communications & the Law;Jun2000, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p5
Examines several issues concerning cable television (TV). Historical development of cable TV; Potential of cable TV; Legal delimitation of the medium; Access to cablecasting time with reference to Greek legal order.