SPIKE TO HORROR FANS: STORM THE CITADELS
- Spike TV will give a nod to horror films. Wallenstein, Andrew // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/2/2006, Vol. 394 Issue 11, p6
The article reports that Spike TV is set to bow an awards show franchise devoted to the booming horror and science fiction genre. The Viacom-owned cable network is working on "Scream 2006," which likely will air in October. "Scream 2006" is scouting Los Angeles locations to shoot the event in...
- CLIPS. // Hollywood Reporter;9/22/2008, Vol. 406 Issue 32, p2
The article offers news briefs related to entertainment industry in the U.S. Spike.com has ordered comic shorts "James Gunn's PG Porn" which stars Nathan Fillion and Michael Rosenbaum. The film "True Women for Sale" will open the fifth annual Hong Kong Asian Film Festival which presents 60 films...
- WEEKEND BOX OFFICE REVIEW. // Daily Variety;10/31/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 20, p19
Presents information on the movie industry in the U.S. as of October 30, 2003. Dates of release of movies; Box office performance of horror movies; Most requested movies from AOL Moviefone.
- Horror pix revival scares up B.O. gold. Klady, Leonard // Variety;08/25/97, Vol. 368 Issue 3, p9
Focuses on the revival of the horror-film genre in the United States motion picture industry in 1997. Spate of 1997 motion picture releases for the genre; Success of several films in the genre that were released in 1996; Consistent resiliency of the genre as compared to other genres.
- Massacre Appeal. Flynn, Gillian; Baldwin, Kristen; Schwartz, Missy // Entertainment Weekly;11/7/2003, Issue 736, p8
Focuses on the success of horror movies in terms of revenue in the U.S. motion picture industry as of November 2003. INSET: INTO 'THE WOODS'.
- Hamm takes Shine to horror slate. Dawtrey, Adam // Daily Variety;11/9/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 50, p12
Reports the partnership between motion picture director Nick Hamm and Shine Entertainment to create ten horror films in London, England. Agreement between Greenroom Digital and British writers; Estimation of budget needed for one motion picture; Time allocation for the creation of ten films.
- Monster mash. Kroll, Jack // Newsweek;6/22/1998 Supplement, Vol. 131 Issue 25, p78
Looks at the genre of horror motion pictures. The genre as a means for humans to revisit their primal fear of terror and feel the pleasure of being safely scared; The 1930s as the golden age for horror movies; Teen horror films. INSET: Our favorites.
- Fille Finale: The Final Girl in New French Extremity. West, Alexandra // Offscreen;Jun/Jul2014, Vol. 18 Issue 6/7, p1
The article discusses New French Extremity, which refers to a series of violent horror films that had emerged from France in the new millennium. It is said that these films helped define a movement of films that were capturing and horrifying audiences' imagination. Violence and emotional...
- Teen horror makes global rounds. Phillips, Braden // Variety;10/23/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 10, pM3
Reports on the continued popularity of horror movies in the United States in 2000. Interest in horror films for teenage viewers; Factors which contributed to the resurgence of horror movies.