Dish Picks Ex-MTVN Exec as Chief Marketer
- JESSICA HEACOCK INSALACO. // Multichannel News;1/28/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 4, special section p24
The article profiles Jessica Heacock Insalaco, chief marketing officer and senior vice president of marketing at Echostar. Insalaco oversees the Dish Network brand, along with acquisition and retention efforts, partner marketing and the consumer Web site. The article highlights Insalaco's career...
- Dish Eyes 5 Million-Sub Mark. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;08/07/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p2
Focuses on the plan of EchoStar Communications Corp. chairman Charlie Ergen to increase the number of its cable television subscribers in the United States before the end of year 2000. Optimism on the results of the second-quarter results; Advantage of balanced spending; Financing for the...
- EchoStar in deal with HBO. Hettrick, Scott // Hollywood Reporter;7/27/95, Vol. 338 Issue 13, p12
Reports on start-up direct broadcast satellite operator EchoStar's lineup of its first major pay television affiliation agreement with Home Box Office. Offer of five Multichannel Cinemax services as part of a single package; Start of consumer delivery tests in late 1995 with the first major...
- Colorado Town Converts to Dish Network. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;7/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p25
Reports on the marketing strategies implemented by EchoStar to switch paid television subscribers in Center, Colorado from cable to satellite. Sales performance of the company; Information on several cable companies in Colorado; Comment from Local RadioShack owner Stephanie Steffens.
- Ahead of the Pack. Karrfalt, Wayne // Multichannel News;10/28/2002 Supplement, Vol. 23, p32B
Focuses on the pace set by direct broadcasting services (DBS) companies in the competitive markets of the U.S. Cable Industry to win subscribers for Latino pay tiers. Growth of the Hispanic satellite subscriptions in the U.S.; Approach to the Hispanic marketplace changed by DBS company DirecTV...
- THROUGH THE WIRE. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/11/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p10
Reports developments on cable services industry in the United States as of June 2001. Move of Echostar Communications Corp. Chairman Charlie Ergen in bidding for DirectTV Inc.; Highlights of the CAB Local Cable Sales Conference in Salt lake City; Details of the meeting between Ecore Media Group...
- Nets: Schwinner's Tough But Reasonable. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;5/6/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p6
Reports the effect of the merger between EchoStar Communication Corp. with DirecTV Inc. on Dish Network in the U.S. Responsibility of programming executive Michael Schwimmer; Increase in the number of subscribers of the Dish Network company; Reduction on the subscription cost of EchoStar.
- Unmerged EchoStar to Raise Rates. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;11/18/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 47, p47
Reports on the decision made by the cable operators, EchoStar to increase rates for its DBS service. Comments made by Charlie Ergen, chairman of EchoStar on the reason behind the increase in the cable television prices.
- Dish Dodges Bullet in Miami. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;6/16/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 24, p53
A federal judge in Miami, Florida, refused to bow to broadcaster pressure and ruled that EchoStar Communications Corp. may continue to provide local television signals and distant networks signals to eligible satellite customers. But EchoStar has to cut off within a few months hundreds of...