Charter Sub Addition Slow
- Charter Keeps Cable Momentum Going. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/19/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 20, p22
The article reports on the financial performance of Charter Communications Inc. in the U.S. in the first quarter of 2008. Accordingly, the company reported a 10.55% increase in revenue to $1.6 billion and an increase 10% in cash flow to $545 million. However, its video service suffered losses....
- Charter's 1st-quarter loss increases to $280.7 mil. DiOrio, Carl // Daily Variety;05/03/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 46, p4
Provides an overview on the financial performance of the cable television company, Charter Communications for the first quarter ended March 31, 2001. Factors attributed to the company's losses for the period; Projected revenue growth for the second quarter.
- Charter Rises on Free Service. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;11/10/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 45, p4
Reports the profits posted by Charter Communications Inc. for the third quarter of 2003. Factors that contributed to the increase; Information on the promotional campaign that the company launched in September; Concerns raised by analysts on the possible implications of the increase.
- Charter's Basic Subs Drop by Another 86K. Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);11/11/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 42, p10
Presents updates on U.S. cable television network operator Charter Communications as of November 11, 2002. Information on its analog package; Decline in the number of its basic subscribers in the third quarter of 2002; Forecast on its cash flow for the fourth quarter of 2002.
- Original series help cement a network's brand. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;5/6/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p28
Reports the importance of original series in branding a cable network. Status of the television shows; Performance of the cable networks; Growth profit of the cable networks.
- Cablevision Plans to Join Dish 'Winback' Rolls. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/13/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 33, p3
Focuses on the increase in revenues of Cablevision Systems Corp. in the second semester in the United States. Revision of cable systems' cash-flow forecasting; Plans of MSO on a modem-leasing program; Factors affecting DBS growth rates.
- Prime Numbers. // Cable World (10427228);4/15/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 15, p31
Reports that ESPN led all cable channels in the United States in advertising revenue in November 2002, according to Kagan World Media. Leading networks that generated more than half of their advertising revenues during the nighttime hours; Only network that generated a significant amount of its...
- Cablevision can score without Yanks. Gandel, Stephen // Crain's New York Business;4/29/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 17, p26
Reports on the performance of cable television operator, Cablevision Systems Corp. in New York City. Failure to gain the exclusive rights to the baseball games; Private market value of the cable network; Profits on a sale of assets.
- CABLE TV. Higgins, John // Broadcasting & Cable;10/23/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 44, p48
Assesses the financial performance of cable operators in the United States for the year 2000. Effect of industrial problems on the operators; Decline in stock value; Availability of the debt markets for the companies.