DirecTV, TWC Settle False Advertising Suit
- Ads for HD Can Be In DirecTV's Future. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;4/23/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 17, p7
The article reports that a U.S. federal judge has denied Time Warner Cable's request to impose an injunction barring DirecTV from running its "Back to the Future" advertisements. The disputed commercials feature actor Christopher Lloyd, who played mad scientist Dr. Emmett Brown in the 1985...
- REPORT: PAY-TV MARKET RESILIENT. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;9/19/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 38, p8
The article reports on a decline in the number of U.S. cable and satellite television subscribers during the second quarter of 2011, according to data from IHS.
- NPD: CABLE STILL DOMINATING VOD. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;10/1/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 39, p12
The article reports that the Internet video on demand (VOD) rental industry is being dominated by cable and satellite markets, which was revealed by The NPD Group Inc.
- Cablers losing ground. Lisanti, Joseph // Variety;3/12/2012, Vol. 426 Issue 5, p4
The article reports that while American cable television providers lost subscribers in the fourth fiscal quarter of 2011, American telecommunications companies and satellite television providers gained subscribers.
- Digital pay TV subs in E. Europe to grow to 74 million by 2020. // Russian Telecom;Apr2014, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p15
The article reports on a forecast by Digital TV Research Ltd. regarding increase in the number of digital pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe from 26.1 million in 2010 to 45.0 million in 2013. It is mentioned that the halfway mark of TV households have been crossed by digital TV penetration in...
- Indie Operators Bemoan 'Terminally Ill' Video Model. GIBBONS, KENT // Multichannel News;8/5/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 30, p6
The article discusses the highlights of a panel session on the multichannel-video business model held as part of the 2013 Independent Show held in San Diego, California. Patrick Knorr, executive vice president of business services at cable operator Wave Broadband, bemoans the problems facing...
- Zucker to MSNBC Staff: 'Start Getting Your RÃ©sumÃ© Ready'. Guthrie, Marisa // Hollywood Reporter;6/19/2015, Vol. 421 Issue 20, p17
The article informs that the American basic cable and satellite television channel Cable News Network (CNN) has reported 11 percent increase in total viewers and 7 percent among the demo in primetime in the first quarter of 2015. Topics discussed include decreased ratings for MSNBC, American...
- Biz bumps tab for TV. Lowry, Tom // Daily Variety;1/11/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on the move of subscription television (TV) providers to increase prices, despite the drops in subscribers. According to a research report by Stanford Bernstein, almost all of the major satellite, cable, and telephone companies that offer TV service are lifting their prices....
- Stevens to NTIA: Count Cable Homes. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;10/9/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 40, p32
The article reports that U.S. Senator Ted Stevens contradicts the prohibition of pay-television (TV) homes from the federal converter box program. According to the author, $1.5 million worth of pay-TV could help defray the expenses in digital to analog converter boxes which is sufficient to...