Music for Soft Lights And Stormy Nights
- Stellar Jazz Is Trio's Treat. Torpey-Kemph, Anne // MediaWeek;9/10/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 33, p35
Focuses on the jazz television programs aired by cable network Trio over the 2001 Labor Day weekend in the United States.
- MAINLAND MOVEMENT. Ghahremani, Yasmin // Daily Variety;1/10/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 5, p64
Reports on the granting of limited landing rights to American television company Bloomberg Television in mainland China. Terms in the license; Advantage of the landing rights for the company; Speculations on the impact of the license on the financial status of the company.
- Competition With MTV In Europe Heats Up. Masson, Gordon; Hay, Carla; Llewellyn, Howell; Lofthus, Kai; Maes, Marc; Smith, Gary; Worden, Mark // Billboard;02/17/2001, Vol. 113 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the music video industry in Europe. Competition among music video TV channels in Europe; Changes in programming at MTV Europe, including a commitment to live music; Role of digital TV in music video viewing.
- Showtime signs to share 'Isaak' with sister VH1. McConville, Jim // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;9/11/2001, Vol. 369 Issue 48, p7
Reports on the purchase of VH1 of the rights to the original series 'The Chris Isaak Show' from Viacom sister network Showtime. Implications of the Showtime-VH1 deal; Terms of the agreement; Factor persuading Showtime to do the deal with VH1.
- MGM's cable upgrade. Brennan, Steve; Andreeva, Nellie // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;04/25/2000, Vol. 362 Issue 39, p1
Reports on the expanded licensing agreement of MGM Television Entertainment with cable network, Showtime for the exclusive pay television rights to all of MGM's feature films until December 2008. Renegotiation of the agreement; Value of the deal; Goal of Showtime to partner with two major studios.
- Wrangle between cablers, operators hits new high. Dempsey, John // Variety;4/15/2002, Vol. 386 Issue 9, p24
Deals with the antagonism between cable television networks and operators in the U.S. over the issue of license fee increases. Examples of license disputes between cable networks and operators; Prospects of the strategy conceptualized by Turner Network Television on resolving the issue.
- Bourbon Street Meets Bryant Park. Brown, Ethan // New York;8/27/2001, Vol. 34 Issue 33, p198
Deals with the television broadcasting of the concert film 'The Best of 2001 New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival,' by the television network Trio in August 2001.
- BET's Music Network Jazzes Up On-Air Look. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;10/16/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 42, p44
Reports the launching of an on-air look and updated logo for the fall season premiers of the BET on Jazz music network in the United States. Role of the Haley Miranda Group in designing the logo; Support of the lineup by print campaigns and retail distributions; Subscribers of the cable...
- Labels assess impact of MTV Latino. Lannert, John // Billboard;7/2/94, Vol. 106 Issue 27, p6
Reports on the mixed reviews of the MTV Latino cable network by record labels. Lament on rock-leaning musical format and 4-to-1 ratio of English-language videos to Spanish-language clips; Concern about exposure of artists; Criticism of Latin music executives; Reception of viewers; Advertisers.