RCN Targets 'Off-Net' Phone Customers
- DELTATHREE TO EXPAND VOIP IN NORTH AMERICA. // Tele-Service News;Dec2007, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p4
This article reveals the plan of deltathree Inc. to offer Canadian inbound phone numbers or direct inward dialing (DID) numbers to its resellers, service provider and direct-to-consumer clients. Comments regarding their Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) services from Yaron Globus, vice...
- Deltathree Adds Retail VoIP Kit. Scoblete, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/26/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p34
This article reports on the initiative announced by voice over Internet phone (VoIP) reseller Deltathree to land retail distribution for its residential iConnectHere VoIP service as of September 2005. The company launched a Broadband Phone Starter Kit at a suggested $60 to compete against...
- Loral Skynet, Go2Call Partner To Provide VoIP In Asia. // Satellite Today;6/22/2006, Vol. 5 Issue 112, p10
The article focuses on the partnership between Loral Skynet and Go2Call to provide Voice over Internet Protocol services to telecommunications and ISP/Broadband carriers, businesses and government organizations in Asia.
- No Ringy-Dingy. Ploskina, Brian // Interactive Week;1/29/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p36
Reports on the decision to drop the free call services over the Internet from personal computers to standard telephones by several Internet telephony companies in the United States. Deltathree; Net2Phone; PhoneFree.com; Reason for the decision; Purpose of offering the services for free.
- Internet telephony pioneers forge ahead. Culver, Denise // Inter@ctive Week;09/07/98, Vol. 5 Issue 34, pI-15
Presents information on voice-over-Internet-Protocol services, while stating that pioneers IDT Corp. and Delta Three Inc. are improving and expanding their services. Information on the demand for voice-over-IP; Details on a survey carried out by Erica Henkel, senior analyst at Frost and...
- Deltathree To Offer VoIP For New Panasonic Phones. Scoblete, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;4/9/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p40
The article reports on the decision of Panasonic to use the joip Voice-over Internet Protocol (VoIP) service of Deltathree on its VoIP phones. Deltathree chief executive officer (CEO) Shimmy Zimels says Panasonic has already paid them to launch an exclusive service for use with Panasonic's...
- Bargain-basement IP telepony. Ryan, Vincent // Telephony;03/13/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 11, p44
Focuses on the telecommunication stocks of deltathree.com and Net2Phone, providers of consumer Internet Protocol telephony services. Background on the businesses of both companies; Reason as to why Wall Street is ambivalent about these stocks; Views on international long-distance market;...
- MediaRing breaks out of PC mold. Moch, Chrissy // Telephony;03/29/99, Vol. 236 Issue 13, p16
Deals with the offering of MediaRing of a worldwide personal computer (PC)-to-telephone calling service under a deal with Delta Three. Information on the upgraded software's availability; Views on MediaRing's move to PC-to-telephone service; Implication of the move.
- Don't believe the VOIP hype. Creswell, Julie // Fortune;1/12/2004, Vol. 149 Issue 1, p42
Warns investors that investing in companies involved in voice over Internet protocol (VOIP) telephony is still risky, as it will take some time to roll out the technology. Report that VOIP startups, such as 8x8, Deltathree and VocalTec, have seen their stock surge in recent months; Details of...