NDS Buys Internet-Video Startup
- NDS Posts Strong Full-Year Results. // Satellite News;8/13/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 32, p19
The article reports that conditional access and middleware vendor NDS has posted strong increases in revenues and overall profits and revenues among its full year results to the end of June 2007. It states that the operating profits of the company reached $160.4 million or an increase of 23%...
- Cisco to Acquire Video Software Firm NDS for $5 Billion. // CIO Insight;3/16/2012, p1
The article reports on the plan of networking equipment manufacturer Cisco to acquire Great Britain-based video software company NDS for $5 billion. It states that Cisco's intention of acquiring NDS aims to prove the significance of networking in cloud computing and connectivity for media...
- Two-year global campaign for NDS. // Marketing Event;Feb97, p17
Focuses on digital broadcasting company News Digital Systems' commitment to a two-year, eight show global exhibition campaign in Las Vegas, Nevada. Appointment of HBM to carry out work for the program.
- News Digital Systems to launch at NAB. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;4/15/96, Vol. 126 Issue 16, p94
Highlights News Digital Systems' (NDS) DVB codec for digital newsgathering. Description of NDS' Digital Satellite Newsgathering (DSNG) codec; Comments from Abe Peled, chief executive officer of NDS.
- NDS plans launch of data broadcast via bird. R.T. // Broadcasting & Cable;04/07/97, Vol. 127 Issue 14, p114
Reports on News Digital System's plans for a data broadcasting service using satellite broadcasting technology. Implementation of the system; Features of the NDS concept.
- NDS MEDIASTORM DELIVERS UNLIMITED MULTIMEDIA APPLICATIONS. // Multimedia Publisher;May2000, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p5
Focuses on the premier data broadcasting solution demonstrated by NDS Group plc which enables content providers to deliver the highest quality data to consumers.
- Digital intuition. Amy, Cosper // Satellite Communications;Jan1998, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p20
Presents an interview with Abe Peled, chief executive officer at News Digital Systems company. Digital video standards; Cross compatibility of set-top boxes; Implications of the shift to digital to the broadcasting industry and to consumers; Role of Internet delivery on the company's plans.
- NDS develops recording device for set-top boxes. // New Media Age;9/5/2002, p10
Focuses on the development of a multimedia recording device for use in digital television set-top boxes from NDS. Announcement of the plans of the firm to connect its XTV personal video recorder with other household appliances; Demand for the product; Functionality of the product's technology.
- NDS to fuel Foxtel digital. Groves, Don // Daily Variety;4/8/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 2, p4
Reports on Australian pay TV platform Foxtel's deal with News Corp.'s NDS Group to facilitate Foxtel's digital service. NDS' development of an electronic program guide with Foxtel.