Early Peek at Fancast
- New adult Web site regulations put on hold. Baldman, Anthony // Gay & Lesbian Times;6/30/2005, Issue 914, p16
Reports the statement by the Free Speech Coalition, a trade organization of the adult entertainment industry that represents adult Web sites and businesses, that regulations regarding the enforcement of a recordkeeping law which affects most adult entertainment Web sites will not go into full...
- Underground Online uncaps first marketing blitz. // Advertising Age;2/12/2001, Vol. 72 Issue 7, p24
The article reports on the launching of a marketing campaign by Underground Online, an online entertainment community targeted 18- to 34-year-old men, in the United States. It is an online elimination tournament that aims to pick a Champion of the Underground among a list of 64 celebrities, with...
- Goliath Courting David? Crumpler, Rob // MediaWeek;3/17/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p14
The article reports on the effects of the proliferation of blogs and user-generated content on the way traditional media is created, consumed, and sold. Old media providers are increasingly looking to blogs and new technologies to help sell their products and capture the attention of consumers....
- Wooing Heavy-hitter of video on the Web. Fung, Amanda // Crain's New York Business;10/23/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 43, p1
The article reports that despite approached by companies of all sizes, the Manhattan-based video Web site Heavy has decided to remain independent. After YouTube has gone corporate, Heavy is the largest independent video-entertainment destination on the Internet. The revenues are on the high side...
- Web Sites Hook Up Writers, Producers. Hibberd, James // Television Week;11/10/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 45, p28
Describes InkTip.com, a Web site intended for writers who want to post their scripts online. Information on other sites that offer similar services; Founder of the site; Menu options offered to professionals in the entertainment industry.
- Comcast Will Reprise VOD 'Watchathon Week' in 2014. BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;5/13/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 19, p8
The article offers information on the entertainment company of the U.S., Comcast Corp. that has announced to organize its video on demand promotion program, Xfinity Watchathon Week every year.
- SHELLSHOCKED WEB SURVIVORS. Peschiutta, Claudia // Orange County Business Journal;10/28/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p53
Reports on issues affecting the performance of the online entertainment providers in the U.S. Sources of revenue; Failure of Pop.com; Factors contributing to the demise of the Digital Hollywood.
- True Lies. Gaslin, Glenn // Entertainment Weekly;04/06/2001, Issue 590, p123
Comments on the different Web sites that imitate CNN.com and MTV.com in order to disseminate fabricated and fictional news regarding the entertainment industry.
- Comcast Tunes In Fancast.com Movie-TV Hub. // Red Herring;1/8/2008, p6
The article reports on the launch of Fancast.com, a one-stop movie-television hub from Comcast.