VIRGIN TELLS ITS SUITORS TO WAIT
- Cablevision Joins Club. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/13/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p4
The article reports on the financial performance of Cablevision Systems in the U.S. during the second quarter of 2007. The company's financial performance proved to be disappointing during the period and it consequently reduced its year-end cash-flow and revenue projections for 2007. Cablevision...
- A WALL STREET SNARL. Hayes, Dade // Daily Variety;11/7/2008, Vol. 301 Issue 25, p3
The article reports that the cable and live entertainment company, Cablevision, has produced a profitable 2008 third quarter. However, the author reports that the company's stocks remain on the downside. The firm posted net profits of $27.1 million. Cablevision has postponed plans to explore...
- First Half of '11 Was Rosy for Cable Stocks. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/18/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 28, p26
The article reports on the economic success of cable television stocks for the first quarter of 2011. It states that stocks for multimedia service operators (MSOs) and satellite television have increased by 22.5% and 36.8% respectively in the first quarter. Jeff Wlodarczak, principal media and...
- Virgin Media stalls sale of UKTV stake. O'Carroll, Tristan // Media Week;10/27/2009, Issue 1231, p3
The article reports on the decision of cable company Virgin Media to postpone the sale of its 50% stake in UKTV. The company's content operations is part of the stake in UKTV and VMtv. The content operations was formally offered for sale in April 2009, initially issuing a sales memorandum for...
- Is TV dying? US media stocks slump. Kehoe, John // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);8/8/2015, p12
The article reports on the decline in the prices of U.S. media and cable company stocks with customers opting for cheaper online alternatives like Netflix in Australia.
- Cable Stocks Get Bit in Bear Market. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;8/22/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 32, p4
The article reports on the decline in stocks of the U.S. cable television industry in August 18, 2011, which fared better on August 19.
- Bring Back the Cable Show Bounce. GIBBONS, KENT // Multichannel News;5/10/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p72
In this article, the author discusses aspects of the cable companies' stock performance in the U.S.
- TiVo subs up thanks to cable op pacts. // Daily Variety;8/30/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 43, p5
The article reports on the increase in subscription for TiVo Inc. due to its global deals with several cable operators, such as Spain's Ono and Great Britain's Virgin Media Inc.
- Substandard news from Comcast is a real downer. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/26/2007, Vol. 400 Issue 56, p2
The article focuses on the decrease in the stock prices of various cable television networks in the U.S. in October 2007. According to the management of the cable television operator Comcast Corp., increased competition has reduced the number of the operator's subscribers. The prices of...