Liberty to Split Up a Tracker
- Liberty Spreads News on Direct TV. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;1/13/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p27
Reports on possible joint acquisition of the direct-broadcast satellite branch of Hughes Electronics Corp., DirecTV Inc. and News Corp. with Liberty Media Corp. Outlines of initiatives taken by Hughes to build the layout for its distribution platform; Conversation of Liberty with Hughes parent...
- Indirectly after DirecTV. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;10/02/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 41, p35
Reports that News Corp. has acquired Liberty Media's stake in Gemstar-TV Guide as of October 2, 2000. Details of the purchase deal; Implications for News Corp.'s plan to acquire satellite television company DirecTV Inc.
- Liberty Builds DirecTV Stake. J. M. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;3/10/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p2
The article Liberty Media Corp. acquires stakes in cable distributor DirecTV. Liberty acquired a 34% stake in DirecTV in exchange for its 19% stake in News Corp. An industry expert stated that Liberty can opt for the sale of DirecTV as soon as it has more than 50% of the shares in the cable...
- Liberty to shuffle its cards. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter;5/5/2009, Vol. 409 Issue 33, p7
The article presents information on the plans of DirecTV Group to merge with parts of Liberty Entertainment Group, which is splitting off parent Liberty Media Corp.. The deal combines DirecTV with a 65% stake in Game Show Network, game provider FUN Technologies and three regional sports...
- DirecTV Bid Brew Bubbles. // Cable World (10427228);3/31/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p6
Reports that Liberty Media has agreed to buy News Corp. stock to support its bid for DirecTV.
- DirecTV Within Malone's Grasp. HEARN, TED // Multichannel News;2/25/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p2
The article reports that Liberty Media Corp. has planned to acquire DirectTV Group Inc. in the U.S. The Federal Communications Commission was expected to grant approval to an $11 billion deal, which Liberty would acquire an interest in DirectTV in exchange for Liberty's equity interest in News...
- DirecTV, Liberty Trying to Unlock Potential. // Multichannel News;5/19/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 20, p100
The article reports on the surmisal on how Liberty Media Corp. will incorporate DirecTV Inc. into its portfolio of programming assets in the U.S. After DirecTV has completed its deal with News Corp., Liberty Media increases its ownership and agreed to hold its voting post on 47.9 %. Chase Carey,...
- LIBERTY'S BIRD NESTS. Littleton, Cynthia // Daily Variety;5/5/2009, Vol. 303 Issue 21, p3
The article reports on the merge of Direct TV Group, a subsidiary of Liberty Media Corp., with the Liberty Entertainment unit in New York. The union will mean additional responsibility for satellite broadcaster DirecTV Inc. The duties of the top level management remains the same, however, the...
- Murdoch circling again as DirecTV deal dies. Goldsmith, Jill // Variety;12/16/2002, Vol. 389 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the end of the merger between EchoStar and DirecTV in the U.S., as of December 2002. Reason for the end of the merger; Plans of DirecTV to bid for a merger with Liberty Media; Value of the possible merger of DirecTV with Liberty.