Direct-Broadcast Satellite Firms Seek Tax Changes
- In the Courts:. // CableFAX Daily;8/3/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 149, p2
The article reports on the ruling by the state Court of Appeals in North Carolina that its sales tax on satellite television was fair. Broadcast companies DirecTV and Echostar challenged the sales tax in court.
- The glitter of DBS gold. Hancock, Amy E. // Satellite Communications;Apr2000, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p22
Looks at the transformation underwent by direct broadcast satellite industry. Information on EchoStar's OpenTV software; Service offered by DirecTV on the emerging information-on-demand market; Total number of satellite subscribers.
- EchoStar slaps DirecTv with suit. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;02/07/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p1
Reports on EchoStar's filing of an antitrust lawsuit against DirecTv on allegations that DirecTv conspired with manufacturing partners Thomson MultiMedia and Hughes Network Systems to monopolize distribution of direct-broadcast satellite systems. EchoStar's claim that DirecTv forced retailers...
- Satellite Firms Continue To Add Local Services. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;03/13/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p18
Reports that DirecTV Inc. and EchoStar Communications Corp. continued to expand their satellite television broadcasting services in the United States. List of television channels operated by the companies; Total number of American cities covered by the companies' satellite television...
- DBS Suppliers Hit Subscirber Records. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;03/19/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p1
Reports on record sales in the fourth quarter of 2000 for net subscriber additions for high-power direct-broadcast satellite operators in the United States. Number of new subscribers of EchoStar; Cumulative total DISH Network subscribers; Subscriber activations of DirecTV.
- DBS was hot in August. Hogan // Multichannel News;09/20/99, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p34
Reports on the sales performance of United States-based satellite television firms DirecTV Inc. and EchoStar Communications Corp. for August 1999. Increase in number of subscribers.
- DBS eyes record sales in 2000. Hogan // Multichannel News;01/03/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p1
Reports on developments related to the direct-broadcast satellite television industry in the United States as of January 3, 2000. Number of subscribers acquired by satellite television firms DirecTV Inc. and EchoStar Communications Corp. in the year 1999; Companies' subscriber recruitment plans...
- DBS firms increase Latino marketing push. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;01/24/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p24
Highlights the plans of direct-broadcast satellite providers DirecTV Inc. and EchoStar Communications Corp. to promote satellite services targeting Hispanic-American households. Launch of campaign backed by radio and print advertisements; Additional markets of DirecTV Para Todos service.
- DBS Adds More Programming Packages. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;04/03/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p6
Reports on developments related to satellite television industry in the United States as of April 3, 2000. EchoStar Communications' launch of its programming packages; DirecTV's programming announcements.