- Murdoch won't buy Five. // Televisual;Jun2003, p11
Reports on media magnate Rupert Murdoch's response to speculations in the British media that he plans to acquire the television company Channel 5.
- The twentieth century fox. Marks, Jonathan // World & I;Feb94, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p100
Focuses on Rupert Murdoch. Murdoch as a media entrepreneur; Promotion of mass-market entertainment; Description of the business empire of Murdoch; Vision of global market empire; Satellite television; Competition with global broadcast empires; Control by Murdoch of the `Star Television';...
- RUPE CHIPS AWAY AT CHINA. Ghahremani, Yasmin // Variety;1/13/2003, Vol. 389 Issue 8, p39
Deals with the realization of the plan of Rupert Murdoch to broadcast Chinese language programs in China as of January 2003. Number of foreign-owned channels in the country as of January 2003; Significance of Bloomberg Television's financial news to the country; Deals negotiated by Murdoch to...
- A Dose of Reality. Forney, Matthew; Gough, Neil // Time International (South Pacific Edition);3/3/2003, Issue 8, p54
Discusses the television show 'TV Court' that is being aired in China. Show that is similar to the courtroom series 'Judge Judy' in the United States; Show that is being aired by Rupert Murdoch's News Corp.; Attempt of News Corp. to captivate the world's largest audience; Channel called Xing...
- Don, Rupert & Howie. Swift, E.M. // Sports Illustrated;9/25/95, Vol. 83 Issue 13, p40
Focuses on the efforts of Rupert Murdoch to merge sports and show business at Fox Television. Deal with promoter Don King for the bout between Mike Tyson and Buster Mathis Jr; Ongoing contract with the National Hockey League; Effects of Fox TV's National Football Conference coverage on its ratings.
- RUPE RIPS ABC/CNN. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;11/22/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 35, p6
Reports on the comments of Fox Entertainment and News Corp. chief executive Rupert Murdoch on the proposed combination of ABC News and Cable News Network. Murdoch's confidence that the complicated merger would weaken the two companies; Optimism that Fox and News Corp. will still prevail.
- RUPE'S ITALIAN JOB IS STILL A MYSTERY. Zecchinelli, Cecilia // Variety;5/19/2003, Vol. 391 Issue 1, p25
Focuses on the digital paybox Sky Italia launched by Rupert Murdoch in the Italian television broadcasting market on May 12, 2003. Comments from Tom Mockridge, Sky Italia chief executive officer; Approach of Sky Italia on its sports broadcasting; Target number of customers of Murdoch for Sky...
- TM-3 scores soccer rights. Foreman, Liza // Variety;05/10/99, Vol. 374 Issue 12, p139
Reports that German women's channel TM-3 and its majority shareholder, Rupert Murdoch, won the rights to soccer tournament, the Champions League for $110 million per season from 2000-2003. Objective of TM-3 co-owner Herbert Kloiber for the channel; Duration of the Champions League.
- Planet Murdoch. Ries, Ivor // Bulletin with Newsweek;4/22/2003, Vol. 121 Issue 6369, p58
Rupert Murdoch takes out U.S. $7 billion of his own cash, one can bet a major shift is about to occur in global media. He has been the global media industry's best strategic thinker for decades. Murdoch spent $ 6.8 billion buying a controlling stake in DIRECTV, the largest...