The Green Team
- freeze frame. // Multichannel News;4/14/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 15, p16
Photographs of several executives from the cable television industry in the U.S., including Oprah Winfrey, Marjorie Kaplan, and Kristina Sweet, are presented.
- IN BRIEF. // Multichannel News;8/23/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p62
The article offers news briefs related to executives in the cable television industry in the U.S. including the death of General Communication Inc. (GCI) executive Dana Tindall in a place crash in Alaska, the resignation of Gary Traver as senior vice president (SVP) and chief operating officer...
- RUNG BY RUNG.... Grebb, Michael // CableFAX Magazine;Nov2012, p4
The article offers the author's insights on the increased influence of women in the cable industry. The author says that women have been helping their colleagues to succeed in the industry. He mentions the questionnaires sent to the Most Powerful Women, which resulted in great responses such as...
- Four Ways to Navigate Change. Seltzer, Liz // Multichannel News;7/6/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 24, p31
The article presents suggestions for managers to empower effective leadership with the evolution of multi-system operator (MSO) from cable providers to broadband service providers including view challenges as an opportunity, encourage team and identify positive things.
- FREEZE FRAME. // Multichannel News;3/24/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p24
Several photographs are presented depicting several executives in the cable television industry in the U.S. including Mathilde Krim, Craig Watson, and Steve Villano.
- Sean Cohan. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;7/16/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 29, p11
The article features Sean Cohan, senior president at A&E Television Networks. He discusses how he overcame prejudicial treatment from executives in the international pay TV market due to his young age. Cohan has been promoted three times within his three-year tenure at the company. He talks...
- CABLE IS KING FOR NBC U. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;6/15/2007, Vol. 295 Issue 53, p18
The article reports on the statement of NBC Universal chief executive officer (CEO) Jeff Zucker on their solution for lower ratings in the U.S. Zucker said that upfront advertising sales would be flat as the industry shifts to Live Plus Three commercial ratings as the basis for advertising...
- TATOM: A CAREER OF TAKING RISKS. // Multichannel News;10/15/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 41, p24
The article features Ruth Tatom, an executive at Home and Garden Television and recognized with a Lifetime Achievement Award in the 2007 LEA Awards. The paper provides information on Tatom's professional experience, career challenges faced, business philosophy management style and her views on...
- NCTA's Unflappable Eye of the Hurricane. Kaufman, Debra // Television Week;5/7/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p30
The article features Barbara York, senior vice president (VP) for industry affairs of the National Cable and Telecommunications Association (NCTA). Advance/Newhouse Communications executive VP Nomi Bergman pointed out that York's deep knowledge of the industry, her wide-ranging relationships and...