Operators, Networks Walk The Green Walk
- Cable's Green Thumbs. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;10/26/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 40, p29
The article reports on the environmental initiative of the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE). To undertake such initiative, SCTE will have its Green Pavilion at the Cable-Tec Expo '09 that will showcase energy-efficient technologies and solutions in the cable television...
- Networks Get With The ECO-PROGRAM. Miller, Stuart // Multichannel News;8/13/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p2A
The article reports that more cable firms are getting into the environmental protection bandwagon as the issue of global warming becomes more pervasive worldwide in 2007. Cable television networks are increasingly allocating more air time to environmental issues and are offering more programs...
- Cords fraying but cablers are coping. // Daily Variety;8/8/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 27, p1
The article reports on the decline of the subscription in the cable television (TV) industry.
- ANGA: European Pulse. Hendrickson, Ron // Communications Technology;Jul2008, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p39
The article reviews the exhibition "ANGA Cable Show" in Cologne, Germany on May 27-29, 2008.
- Honoring the Past, Looking Ahead. Neel, K. C. // Multichannel News;10/13/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 40, p28
An advertising supplement reviewing the Cable Center in Denver, Colorado is presented.
- Broadcasting and Cable. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/20/2014, Vol. 143 Issue 38, p24
The article reports that broadcasters and cable operators are opposing the issue of retransmission consent.
- Schmooze. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/20/2014, Vol. 143 Issue 38, p6
Photographs of people and events in the television broadcasting and cable television industries are presented including a private reception for the premier of the series "The Affair" on October 6, 2014, truTV's "Impractical Jokers" star James Murray and "A to Z" television star Cristin Milioti...
- Three Lessons TV Can Learn From Cable Pitches. Steinberg, Brian // Variety;5/13/2014, Vol. 324 Issue 1, p10
An excerpt is presented from an article on cable television advertising sales presentations by cable television industry firms posted in the publication's Website.
- ESPN: Still the Worldwide Leader. UMSTEAD, R. THOMAS // Multichannel News;7/27/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 26, p31
The article reports that television programmer ESPN still continues to the leader in sports television industry in the U.S. despite the departure of high-profile talent and a net loss of subscribers in the cable television marketplace in the U.S. as of 2015.