Nets Rally for Positive Cause and Effect
- Networks Get With The ECO-PROGRAM. Miller, Stuart // Multichannel News;8/13/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p2A
The article reports that more cable firms are getting into the environmental protection bandwagon as the issue of global warming becomes more pervasive worldwide in 2007. Cable television networks are increasingly allocating more air time to environmental issues and are offering more programs...
- `Death' wishes come true. Richmond, Ray // Variety;05/04/98, Vol. 370 Issue 12, p104
Presents information on the television program of Music Television (MTV) entitled `Celebrity Deathmatch'. Celebrities featured in the animated program; Adaptation of the program from the halftime feature of Super Bowl in January 1998.
- `Millennium Live' is dead. Schlosser // Broadcasting & Cable;01/03/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 1, p15
Focuses on the cancellation of the `Millennium Live,' television broadcasts of international year 2000 millennium celebrations by Pax TV. Failure of the broadcast due to financing difficulties; Reaction of international affiliates of the broadcasts.
- Snoop Is in the Kitchen, Sippin' on Gin and Juice. Gordon, Devin // Newsweek;3/12/2001, Vol. 137 Issue 11, p74
Focuses on the television program 'Cribs' which airs on Music Television (MTV). How the show offers tours of celebrity homes with celebrities; Popularity of the show among celebrities.
- MTV veni, vidi, hopes vici in Rome. Rooney, David // Variety;12/04/2000, Vol. 381 Issue 3, p88
Provides information on a party held on November 30, 2000 to celebrate the launching of the Music Television cable network in Rome, Italy. Nightclub that hosted the party; Celebrities and musicians who attended the party.
- Star auction looms on Voom. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;10/5/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 3, p2
Reports that Gallery HD, the cable television network packaged under the name Voom by Chuck Dolan, will carry a live auction of celebrity memorabilia in the U.S. Inclusion of the estates of personages such as John Lennon, Marilyn Monroe and Charlie Chaplin in the auction; List of collectible...
- Ad Addict. Feherty, David // Golf Magazine;Feb2004, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p150
The article reports on author's views on advertisement of equipments related to golf. The author reveals that he does not see commercials when he is working on a golf telecast. His favorite equipment as of February 2004 is the hinged club, which when waved at the ball will either get the player...
- Celebrity Love Island gives ITV bosses a harsh dose of reality. Higham, Nick // Marketing Week;5/26/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 21, p31
The article presents information about ITV's Celebrity Love Island. In view of the profound indifference to the show and its outcome implied by these meagre sums, the U.K.'s second-biggest bookie was offering odds of 1-2 that the series would be pulled from the schedules before the end of its...
- NEXT SEPTEMBER, THERE MAY BE MORE "EVERY DAY WITH RACHAEL RAY.". // Media Industry Newsletter;10/31/2005, Vol. 58 Issue 42, p1
Reports on the developments in the career of television host Rachael Ray. Support for Ray's appearances in the Food Network by the Reader's Digest Association Inc.; Relationship between Ray and television personality Oprah Winfrey.