CHOOSING GREEN SPONSORS WISELY
- Networks Get With The ECO-PROGRAM. Miller, Stuart // Multichannel News;8/13/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p2A
The article reports that more cable firms are getting into the environmental protection bandwagon as the issue of global warming becomes more pervasive worldwide in 2007. Cable television networks are increasingly allocating more air time to environmental issues and are offering more programs...
- FREEZE FRAME. // Multichannel News;2/16/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p16
Several photographs regarding the activities of various cable television industry in the U.S. are presented including presentation of "Holiday Service Promotion Giveaway" to Diane Davi, the visit of Style's "Clean House," and the winning of the TLC's "Real Simple. Real Life" at the National...
- DISNEY CHANNELS WORLDWIDE. // Advertising Age;5/2/2011, Vol. 82 Issue 18, pC75
The article, part of a special advertising section, focuses on the cable television broadcasting company Disney Channels Worldwide, a division of Walt Disney Co. The company's operation of three cable television networks, Disney XD, Disney Channel and Disney Junior, all of which broadcast...
- CABLE IS RAISING THE ROOF. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;12/17/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 50, p14
The article reports that cable networks in the U.S. achieved record ratings in 2007, with USA Network registering the largest number of primetime viewers in cable history. Disney Channel posted the best audience delivery for a movie in cable history with its "High School Musical 2," TNT posted...
- CABLE UNDER FIRE. LITTLETON, CYNTHIA // Variety;11/4/2014, Vol. 325 Issue 13, p41
The article reports on the continuous drop of cable television ratings in 2014. Topics discussed include the factors behind the decline of cable show ratings, the impact of the declining ratings on the stocks of cable television corporations and the advertising revenues generated by cable...
- ORIGINAL FOR DIGITAL. // Daily Variety;8/9/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 28, p4
The article reports that Home Box Office Inc. (HBO) has added HBO Go digital platform to its programming mix, which is as a strategic shift important to the future of the company's brand.
- Pew: Cable Is Top Source of Campaign News. // Multichannel News;2/13/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p8
The article offers information on the result of the study conducted by the Pew Research Center concerning the rate of cable news over local television (TV) news as the top source of campaign news.
- Light Years in the Making: Syfy's Long-Distance Plan. PRUDOM, LAURA // Variety;12/15/2015, Vol. 330 Issue 10, p16
The article reports on the performance of cable and satellite television channel Syfy as of fall 2015, citing that it was ranked 12th among all cable networks and plans to reverse its trend through the introduction of various films including "The Expanse," "The Magicians," and Hunters."
- Playboy joins date game. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;6/2/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 44, p2
The article reports that Playboy TV will be launching a cable reality television program called "Four-Some." The half-hour series will focus on young men and women who meet one another at a mansion in the Hollywood Hills. The dating game, according to Playboy, will be more graphic than other...