Road Trip for NFL 'Ticket'
- DirecTV, Dish Have Tough Third Quarters. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/19/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 23, p53
The article reports that at the end of their respective 2012 third quarters, subscription to satellite-television providers DirectTV and DishNetwork reached 20 million and 14 million respectively.
- To Dish or Not to Dish. Taylor, Chris // Time;10/28/2002, Vol. 160 Issue 18, p70
Discusses the pros and cons of satellite dish television in the United States. Finding of a study by J.D. Power & Associates that cable television networks lose two percent of total viewers each year to satellite television; Outlook for a merger between DirecTV, which is owned by Hughes, and...
- DirecTV To Offer International Soccer Package. // Satellite Today;3/27/2006, Vol. 5 Issue 56, p5
The article says that DirecTV company has prepared a package of channels for fans of Italian soccer. The satellite operator has announces that the package includes GoITV, FoxSoccer Channel and SKY TG24 and costs $19.99 per month in addition to the basic subscription. DirecTV International vice...
- Dish Net adds $1 to all-day Dolby tab. Hogan // Multichannel News;09/20/99, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p32
Reports on United States-based satellite television firm EchoStar Communications Corp.'s decision to increase the rates for its pay-per-view movies on Dolby Digital Surround Sound format. Pricing policy of rival DirecTV Inc.
- DirecTV names Joel Barradas new VP of sales & marketing. Carmona, Jose L. // Caribbean Business;3/25/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 14, p46
Satellite service provider DirecTV Inc. has named Joel Barradas its new vice president of sales and marketing for the Puerto Rico market. Barradas, who until now was in charge of the company's sales and marketing in Venezuela, is very familiar with the Puerto Rico market. He was part of the team...
- Pricey Programming. Guevara, Michelle // Latin Trade (English);Jul2003, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p57
Reports on the status of the Latin American satellite and pay television (TV) market as of July 1, 2003. Total debt pile incurred by DirecTV which resulted to its filing for bankruptcy; Decline in the region's pay TV subscriber base; Regional annual income of the industry per capita.
- DirecTV subs jump; '09 growth revised. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/8/2009, Vol. 409 Issue 36, p4
The article reports that satellite television company, DirecTV Inc. has added 460,000 net new users as its subscribers. As stated, this is the biggest quarterly U.S. user gain in four years but the company has posted a lower quarterly profit. Management of the company also raised its 2009 U.S....
- Breaking the Family Dishes: DBS Tiering Up. // CableFAX Daily;1/19/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p1
The article presents updates on direct broadcast satellite services in the U.S. as of January 2006. DirecTV plans to offer one out of 40 channels to its 15 million customers in April 2006. EchoStar plans to make its family tier available to its 12 million subscribers.
- DIRECTV SUB GAINS ARE A PAIN. Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);7/21/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p3
Reports on the subscriber gains of satellite service DirectTV Inc. in the second quarter of 2003. Impact on cable television industry; Expansion of the video market; Estimate of total number of multichannel households by PriceWaterhouseCoopers.