TMG: Dish's New Drops Forced Bankruptcy Filing
- DirecTV Gets in Plugs Before Owner Swap. Hein, Kenneth // Brandweek;3/25/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p8
Presents an update on the advertising effort of DirecTV as of March 25, 2002. Plot of the television advertisement; Programs in the cable television where the advertising spots will be aired; Spending of DirecTV on media placement in 2001; Update on the possible acquisition deal between DirecTV...
- STAR TV finds its brilliance in localization. Yee-lin, Tze // Advertising Age International;Mar1997, pI18
Focuses on cable television STAR TV's efforts to grow itself and stem losses estimated to be from $80 to $100 million a year. Localization strategy; Networks' series of joint ventures to achieve its goals; Flexibility offered to advertisers; Mix buys of advertisers in the Asian region. INSET:...
- DirecTV, still blasting cable, follows print with TV pitch. // Brandweek;02/23/98, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p10
Reports that DirecTV launches four television advertisements via Campbell Ewald based in Los Angeles, which seeks to lure disaffected cable customers to its digital satellite television service. Tagline of the ad; Print campaigns of DirecTV.
- Insert spots here, nets say. Bachman, Katy // MediaWeek;10/26/98, Vol. 8 Issue 40, p16
Reports on plans by three radio networks and several syndicators to launch digital satellite-based systems that would let advertisers insert, station by station, different versions of commercials during live syndicated and network shows. Possibility of providing instant ad verification;...
- Advertisers on DTH. Sutter, Mary // Business Mexico;Aug1996, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p16
Focuses on the impact of direct broadcast satellite television on television advertising in Mexico. Most Mexicans' lack of access to direct satellite TV; Industry observers' comments.
- Arab ad revs look to sky. Warg, Peter // Variety;6/17/96, Vol. 363 Issue 7, p30
Reports on the decline in advertising revenues of government-run television networks in the Middle East in 1995 due to the entry of satcasters. Major Arabic-lingo satcasters; Viewer dissatisfaction with local channels; Proliferation of rooftop satellite dishes; Government-run channels as...
- Rising star. Cahill, Laurena // Adweek Western Edition;5/2/94, Vol. 44 Issue 18, Global Quarterly Asia p40
Reports on television advertising in China. Importance of using local television; Star TV's viewership; Questions on Star TV's short-term strategy; Star TV's goal; Shift from a no-fee to a pay service.
- Can Google Crack The TV Ad Market? Morrissey, Brian // Adweek;8/25/2008, Vol. 49 Issue 26, p8
The article examines the effort by Web search engine firm Google Inc. to expand into marketing television advertising. The company, which dominates Internet advertising, has a very small operation in television advertising, providing it only to the satellite television company EchoStar....
- DirecTV has major ad plan. Spring, Greg // Electronic Media;02/22/99, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p36
Focuses on direct broadcast satellite (DBS) provider DirecTV's plan to air national advertisements starting March 1999. Deal with Columbia TriStar Advertiser Sales to sell all of DirecTV's national advertising avails; Delivery of more than 185 channels of programming to more than 4.5 million...