Dishing Out Mixed News
- Recording big gains. Bond, Paul // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/18/2006, Vol. 394 Issue 1, p13
The article presents information about the rise in the stocks of TiVo Inc. Even before TiVo beat EchoStar Communications Corp. in court, an event that had TiVo shares climbing 7.5% on Monday, the stock had been up 57.8% so far this year, confounding bearish analysts, some of whom remain bearish....
- Patently DVR:. // CableFAX Daily;4/18/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 75, p3
Reports on the increase in stock prices of several cable television operators and direct broadcast satellite television providers, in the wake of a patent suit won by TiVo over EchoStar Communications. Percentage increase in shares of Cablevision and Comcast.
- EchoStar 2nd-Qtr. Revenue Up 18%. Malester, Jeff // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;8/22/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p49
This article reports on the financial performance of EchoStar Communications in the second quarter of 2005. The satellite television provider hiked total revenue 18 percent during the quarter, coming in at $2.1 billion, up from a year-ago $1.8 billion. Net income for the three months, ended June...
- EchoStar Dish drives rev up to $2.5 bil. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;8/11/2006, Vol. 292 Issue 28, p6
The article reports on the financial performance of EchoStar Communications Corp. The company's earnings for the second quarter has dropped 80 percent to $169 million. Its revenue rose 17 percent to nearly $2.5 billion. Subscriber growth slowed 13 percent as the company added only 195,000...
- Dish Q4 served cold with record sub loss. Bond, Paul // Hollywood Reporter;3/3/2009, Vol. 408 Issue 40, p6
The article compares the financial performance of the telecommunication companies Dish Network Corp. and EchoStar. It mentions that Dish lost 102,000 subscribers during the fourth quarter of 2008 but has earned $217 million during the same period which is an increase of 24 percent from 2007....
- Satellite Getting Its Message Across. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;5/10/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 19, p24
Reports on the growth in subscriber base posted by satellite companies DirecTV Group and EchoStar Communications in the first quarter of 2004. Total subscribers of the two companies for the quarter; Impact of the growth on the future growth prospects of cable operators; Factors that contribute...
- DBS operators gather as marketplace heats up. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;8/12/96, Vol. 126 Issue 34, p66
Reports on the growth in competition among direct broadcast satellite companies in the United States. Market effects of EchoStar Communications Corp.'s hardware price drop; Industry experts' anticipation of offers of program promotions and intensified marketing; Responses of DBS makers to...
- EchoStar making moves, Henderson still on hold. // Las Vegas Business Press;11/11/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p16
Reports that the DishNetwork of Colorado-based EchoStar Communications Corp. has started offering Las Vegas, Nevada channels in Clark, Lincoln and Nye counties by satellite television. Number of local channels offered in metropolitan areas.
- EchoStar's sales and losses soar. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;08/23/99, Vol. 14 Issue 19, p12
Reports on satellite television company EchoStar's financial performance for the second quarter of its fiscal year 1999.