Kid You Not: Noggin, The N to Split Up
- F Y I. // Gay & Lesbian Times;5/19/2005, Issue 908, p28
Reports that LOGO, a gay and lesbian network from MTV Networks, is launching on June 30, 2005 to mover ten million subscribers in the United States.
- Brit MTV dumps Flux. Clarke, Steve // Daily Variety;1/24/2008, Vol. 298 Issue 14, p8
The article reports on the plan of MTV Networks to replace its MTV Flux channel with MTV One Plus 1 channel in Great Britain. The company stresses that it will retain its online MTV Flux where MTV2, Hits, Dance and Base will feature "Flux Me I'm Famous," a 30-minute show showcasing celebrity...
- Kids Cotton to Web Extension of 'iCarly'. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;4/21/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p3
The article reports on the popularity of the Nickelodeon series "iCarly" in both the television (TV) and the Internet medium in the U.S. Before it launched "iCarly" in September 2007, Nickelodeon said the series would break ground in combining scripted television with viewer participation via...
- BARC week 34: Colors topples Star Plus to capture numero uno slot in Hindi GECs. // Indiantelevision.com;9/3/2015, p5
The article discusses the highlights of the ratings report released by the Broadcast Audience Research Council (BARC) India. Topics covered include the top ranking position of Hindi language Indian general entertainment channel Colors, the rankings of other Indian channels like Star Plus, Zee TV...
- WB needs to get past awkward stage. Stanley, T.L. // Advertising Age;2/21/2005, Vol. 76 Issue 8, p43
Reports on the plans of WB Network to expand beyond the teenager market. Decline of viewership in 2004; Importance of having a focused target market in the industry; Information on the advertising deals of the company in 2005.
- MTV makes a return to Canuck airwaves. Kelly, Brendan // Daily Variety;9/29/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 62, p12
Reports on the joint venture between MTV Networks company and CTV Television Network Ltd. in Montreal, Quebec. Terms and conditions of the deal; Conversion of CTV specialty channel talktv into and MTV-branded channel; Statement of Bill Roedy, president of MTV Networks, regarding the importance...
- Coming Full Circle With MTV 360. Hay, Carla // Billboard;7/28/2001, Vol. 113 Issue 30, p56
Reports on the launch of the MTV 360 initiative by Music Television (MTV). How it works with MTV, MTV2 and MTV.com; Way in which it is a unique experience for the user of the Web site; Music and video downloads on the site; History of interactive programming on MTV: Description of MTV2;...
- ELECTRIC AVENUES. // Billboard;9/2/2006, Vol. 118 Issue 35, p48
The article presents a guide to platforms of MTV Networks. The following MTV channels are seen in the U.S.: MTV, MTV2, MTV World, MTV Hits, MTV Jams, MTVU, MTV Puerto Rico and MTV TR3S. Digital and mobile platforms are: MTV.com, MTV Overdrive, MTV Ãœber, MTV Wireless, MTV Mobile on MTV.com,...
- KIDS DEAL-MAKING CONTINUES. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;5/30/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p53
Announces the completion of the upfront sales of children's TV network Nickelodeon as of May 30, 2005. Rivalry with Cartoon Network; Reason for the slowdown in Nickelodeon's sales process; Strong categories of Nickelodeon.