Kid You Not: Noggin, The N to Split Up
- F Y I. // Gay & Lesbian Times;5/19/2005, Issue 908, p28
Reports that LOGO, a gay and lesbian network from MTV Networks, is launching on June 30, 2005 to mover ten million subscribers in the United States.
- Brit MTV dumps Flux. Clarke, Steve // Daily Variety;1/24/2008, Vol. 298 Issue 14, p8
The article reports on the plan of MTV Networks to replace its MTV Flux channel with MTV One Plus 1 channel in Great Britain. The company stresses that it will retain its online MTV Flux where MTV2, Hits, Dance and Base will feature "Flux Me I'm Famous," a 30-minute show showcasing celebrity...
- Kids Cotton to Web Extension of 'iCarly'. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;4/21/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p3
The article reports on the popularity of the Nickelodeon series "iCarly" in both the television (TV) and the Internet medium in the U.S. Before it launched "iCarly" in September 2007, Nickelodeon said the series would break ground in combining scripted television with viewer participation via...
- BARC week 34: Colors topples Star Plus to capture numero uno slot in Hindi GECs. // Indiantelevision.com;9/3/2015, p5
The article discusses the highlights of the ratings report released by the Broadcast Audience Research Council (BARC) India. Topics covered include the top ranking position of Hindi language Indian general entertainment channel Colors, the rankings of other Indian channels like Star Plus, Zee TV...
- WB needs to get past awkward stage. Stanley, T.L. // Advertising Age;2/21/2005, Vol. 76 Issue 8, p43
Reports on the plans of WB Network to expand beyond the teenager market. Decline of viewership in 2004; Importance of having a focused target market in the industry; Information on the advertising deals of the company in 2005.
- MTV Goes Into Overdrive. Shields, Mike // MediaWeek;4/11/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p12
Reports on the launch of the MTV Overdrive hybrid television channel by MTV Networks for broadband users on April 25, 2005. Services offered by the television channel; Advertisers on the television channel; Goal of the television channel.
- MTV K targets Koreans. Frater, Patrick // Daily Variety;6/26/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 60, p10
The article reports on the new television channel MTV K to be launched by MTV Networks Inc. in the U.S. Its programming scheme will focus on Korean popular culture, supplemented with live events and programming from its international affiliates. The new channel's service will be presented in...
- Execs: Kids Ads Going Up by 5%. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;3/6/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p1
The article reports that Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon started negotiating with advertisement buyers about their upcoming programming, as of March 6, 2006. Cartoon Network, which presented its programming to buyers last week, and Nickelodeon, which presents this week, dominate on the sales...
- Media on Trial. Biggam, Jenny // Media Week;11/3/2009, Issue 1232, p9
The article considers the advantages and disadvantages of the music and entertainment channel, Viva, launched by MTV to replace The Music Factory (TMF) in Great Britain in 2009. The author commends the advertisement (ad) that promoted the youth-oriented channel. Comedy and reality shows are...