Women's Network May Be Shopping Itself to NBCU
- Comcast to buy majority stake in NBC Universal. // CED;Jan2010, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p8
The article reports on the plan of Comcast Corp., the nation's largest cable operator, to purchase a majority stake in the NBC Universal (NBCU) Inc. in the U.S. It mentions that Comcast would gain control and combine its stable cable networks with the NBCU cable programming assets and broadcast...
- NBC FACES THE FACTS. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;5/12/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 30, p10
The article reports that NBC Universal Television president Jeff Zucker said he plans some straight talk on the Peacock's rough season when he comes face to face with advertisers at the net's presentation of its new fall sked. NBC chairman-CEO Bob Wright expressed a measure of pride in the combo...
- Brave New Targeted World? McClellan, Steve // Adweek;12/7/2009, Vol. 50 Issue 43, p6
The article examines the possible effects on television broadcasting of the acquisition of NBC Universal by cable television company Comcast Corp. Although Comcast Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Brian Roberts has denied it, there is speculation that the merger may result in the broadcast NBC...
- NBC sells off four stations. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;6/27/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 61, p7
The article reports on the acquisition of Media General in the four owned-and-operated stations (O&Os) of the NBC Universal in the U.S. The four O#x0026;Os has been acquired by the Media General for a $600 million sale. After the acquisition, Media General already owned nine of the stations of...
- News bytes. // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Jul2001, Issue 319, p7
Reports developments related to broadcasting industry as of July 2001. Acquisition of Static entertainment company by OPENTV; Purchase of Calrec Audio's 60 channel T-Series by MTV Europe; Orders of three Solid State Logic digital console by China Central Television.
- Speedvision accelerates expansion plan. // Dealernews;Jun98, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p14
Focuses on Fox/Liberty Network's acquisition of a one-third ownership of motorsports broadcasting network Speedvision TV. Firm's dominance of several programming categories in the United States; Addition of Outdoor Life Networks.
- PEACOCK: PARLEZ-VOUS U High stakes for combined TV operations. Adalian, Josef // Daily Variety;9/3/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 43, p1
Reports on the merger of NBC and Vivendi Universal SA's entertainment properties. Addition of powerhouses like USA Network and Sci Fi; Benefit from Peacock's marketing; Franchise of the 'Law and Order.'
- WB, UPN will tie one on. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;1/25/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 18, p1
The article reports on the merger of WB company and UPN company into a new web called the CB Television Network in the U.S. The merger will unite the shows from both networks. The merger was influenced by the major players in the television business, including CBS Corp., Warner Bros....
- Is glass half-empty or half-full? Adalian, Josef; Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;1/25/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 18, p18
The article comments on the issues regarding the merger of UPN company and WB company's television networks in Hollywood, Los Angeles, California. A top agent describes the changes as a short-term discomfort. According to Paul Haas, Endeavor partner, the merger is creating a better asset for...