The State of School Foodservice
- The Meat of the Matter. Wolson, Shelley // FoodService Director;12/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p40
The article provides information on the food safety solution of the food service department at Glendora Unified School District in California for its meat menus. The department's food service director Patty Cunningham came up with a creative solution for making all the meats on her menus safe....
- Healthy Eating Theme for School's Nutrition Fair. // FoodService Director;6/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p16
The article discusses highlights of a nutrition fair held in Gwinnett County, Georgia. The fair was held to increase parent awareness about the school district's foodservice program. The fair not only provided families with information about the district's nutrition department but also offered...
- News Digests. // Nation's Restaurant News;6/30/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 26, p52
The article presents news briefs relevant to food service and restaurants in the U.S. as of June 2008. Foodservice company Redwood Airport Management has opened its first full-service Dunkin' Donuts unit at the Philadelphia International Airport. Bon Appetit Management Co. was selected by...
- Fighting 'bac' in the cafeteria. // American School Board Journal;Mar2006, Vol. 193 Issue 3, p58
This article stresses the importance of food safety in school food service. According to a 2003 report by the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO), more than 28 million children receive meals daily through the federal meal program. It found that about three percent of the foodborne...
- Food Quality Safety Evaluation Model in College Canteens Based on the Improved AHP-taking Bengbu College as an Example. Huaxi Chen; Qingbing Xu // Advance Journal of Food Science & Technology;2013, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p460
Based on the results of investigation and the suggestion from the experts, the factors influencing the college canteen food quality and safety are found and assessment system for university cafeteria food quality and safety is constructed. With the improved Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP) to...
- USDA ISSUES SCHOOL RECALL GUIDE. // FoodService Director;10/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p16
Reports on the resource guide issued by the U.S. Department of Agriculture in an effort to improve food safety in school cafeterias across the nation. Components of the material; Importance of the role of foodservice professionals.
- Assessing the quality of food served under a South African school feeding scheme: A nutritional analysis. Nhlapo, Nthabiseng; Lues, Ryk J. F.; Kativu, Edmore; Groenewald, Willem H. // South African Journal of Science;Jan/Feb2015, Vol. 111 Issue 1/2, p1
School feeding schemes have been implemented in various schools across the globe to improve the nutritional welfare of learners. The purpose of this study was to identify possible nutritional benefits or deficiencies of the foodstuffs served in the South African National School Nutrition...
- Demos fuel Asian's growth. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p92
Offers a look at the display-cook preparation of Asian foods on college and university campuses in the United States. Offerings of several food service facilities; Benefits of display cooking; Oil used in cooking Asian foods.
- Fishing for acceptance. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;04/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p88
Highlights the fish and seafood menus offered at several school food services in the United States. Description of the seafood menus; Demand for fish menus.